Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just a question does anyone know someone near riverside California that does ecu flashing cause the previous owner had some random person flash his Ecu with a broken map sensor and I replaced it and I’m using my power commander to counter the horrible tune to the bike which I don’t want the power commander to fighter the horrible tune I want to build upon the bikes performance

·
Registered
242 Posts
The ECU you need is specific to your bike and the "generation" (i.e. year) of your bike. You didn't specify the year, but you can find ECUs on eBay for any year 600RR. They tend not to get damaged in accidents so there's plenty of supply out there. You're looking at $100 to $200.

Solid state circuitry is hard to damage and are even more or less waterproof. Well, let's say water resistant.

Any Honda dealer should also be able to reflash your existing if it's not damaged. No idea what they charge for that. Probably 5x what you think it should cost.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
IIRC, the ecu's are sealed.......no Honda dealers do a reflash, you have to get a specialty tuner to do so.

They open the ecu and connect/access and change parameters...ie: reflash.

Search OTF for "reflash" and "ECU flashing"?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Never had the need or desire to do this on a 600RR but on bikes like current generation Yamaha R1s and CBR 1000RRs you plug a special cable into the ECU and the other end into your computer.

You can then access the software and reflash (i.e. overwrite) the existing files in your ECU. No opening required. Never heard of anyone breaking open an ECU to flash it. Not to say it hasn't or can't be done, just haven't encountered that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts