Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all.

I've been riding my 2014 600RR for a few weeks now and I'm noticing that it's not as smooth as my old 2005 600RR at low speeds.

Particularly when i hold the throttle constant at around 3000 RPM the bike kind of bogs a bit. The power will noticeably kind of fluctuate and the bike doesn't move smoothly. Also I'm having some issues with throttle on/off where it's coming on pretty suddenly and hard to control. All of this is pretty nuanced and manageable, but also a bit annoying and I don't remember the same happening on my 2005. At high speeds and hard cornering the 2014 is amazingly smooth, though. >:)

Let me know your thoughts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will watch this thread. I have a 2015 and feel like some days it is not running correctly. Also have trouble starting some times. May be related.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Yes, this is why I've been telling people for years the 05-06 is a much better daily driver then the 07+'s. They bog below 4k then surg when you hit that 4k.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, this is why I've been telling people for years the 05-06 is a much better daily driver then the 07+'s. They bog below 4k then surg when you hit that 4k.
thus sound like exactly what I'm talking about. so we're saying it's normal? and tips to manage this? i cant cruise around downtown above 4k...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Mine feels alright and normal, but I don't have anything to compare with since this is my first and only supersport. I guess I know what you mean though.

·
Registered
966 Posts
thus sound like exactly what I'm talking about. so we're saying it's normal? and tips to manage this? i cant cruise around downtown above 4k...
Yes its normal, no theres nothing to manage it besides maybe a custom power commander tune? And why can't you ride around above 4k its not much rpm really.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i live in the city, so im at low RPM often even in 1st gear. it can get obnoxious to ride around revving so high. also the bogging in 1st gear is obviously harder to control than in any other gear.

·
Registered
966 Posts
You could re-gear, giving the bike a -1/+2 setup will raise the rpm for a given speed getting you over 4k more quickly. Otherwise you have to deal with it. You talking 4000rpm, that's only 26% of the engines rev range in a engine putting out massive power per CC compared to a car. Formula 1 makes about the same HP/cc and they don't even attempt to pull them to the low range of the RPM band.

·
Registered
315 Posts
:+1: for the -1/+2 gearing its something most people get around to at some point anyway and may be an indirect solution to your issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts