Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,893 Posts
wow, you'd think that yamaha would be doing everything in their power not to revisit their transmission woes of 15 years ago

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Never biy the first year of a revised model or a new model..

These all come to mind im sure theres many more im missing

06 r6
15 r1
98? R1
08 1000rr

·
Registered
479 Posts
Never biy the first year of a revised model or a new model..

These all come to mind im sure theres many more im missing

06 r6
15 r1
98? R1
08 1000rr
What about the 07 cbr600rr? :wink2:

Just teasing, it doesn't apply to all however it is still a good idea to not automatically jump on a newly revised or brand new model automobile.

Link to the Recall Thread on the R1Forum
2015 R1/M Transmission Recall - Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums

Supposedly Yamaha will be making a public announcement next week.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Everyone there in a state of denial.
Hahah I saw it on the r1 forum about an hour ago its hilarious they're like no not my yamaha.

It could be a fake too. Who knows...

·
Registered
803 Posts
No wonder Honda rides out and stretches the model designs for as long as they do...

With respect though, I do hope this gets resolved for the affected R1 owners.

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
If it was still under warranty, I wonder what reason they gave to refuse...?
The dealer had to send in a video of the bike at8K RPM. They had to see a certain amount of smoke, mine didn't have what they wanted.

It was burning a quart of oil every 700 street miles, and by lunch at the track. I never owned a bike that burned any oil, let alone that much. I haven't owned a Honda street bike since they screwed me.

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,962 Posts
The dealer had to send in a video of the bike at8K RPM. They had to see a certain amount of smoke, mine didn't have what they wanted.

It was burning a quart of oil every 700 street miles, and by lunch at the track. I never owned a bike that burned any oil, let alone that much. I haven't owned a Honda street bike since they screwed me.

That's some bull****. I've heard Honda is a bitch about warranty situations but I didn't know it was that bad.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
They're too embarrassed to tell you :crying:

Should of bought Hondas :rocker:
This topic just came out today and not everyone is on a bike specific forum, so chances are not all the 2015 R1 owners will know this all at the same time.

Theres a reason why 08+1000rr doesnt have oil glass inspection window. ...so have your fingers cross that the new model will come with one otherwise expect dipstics for oil check. Not just oil burn, honda also have problem with the "supercharge" noise from the 08-10 model and just today I also spot it on my buddies '12.

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Spoke to our local Yamaha dealer here. They said: This is for US models. No recall for Australian models has been brought to our attention.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
They're too embarrassed to tell you :crying:

Should of bought Hondas :rocker:
Hate to be the one to say this dude but Honda isn't an exception anymore. BMW had an issue with the connecting rods on early S1000RR's, Porsche still doesn't admit this but the main seal on every model (except the Cayenne IIRC) would go after 20-30k mi...nowadays sh1t is built by accountants to hit price points, not engineers to break records.

I had a CBR250R for just 5 months...for a reason,

My CBR600RR originally had an issue with the exhaust valve causing an FI light and the bike going into limp mode; dealer wouldn't replace the header section, yet replaced the servo motor twice; eventually I got a servobuddy, full exhaust instead of the planned slip-on, and tuned it.

My old '12 Civic Si was a brand new piece of absolute sh1t so if anyone questions the negative reviews it received here's my answer; that wasn't even built by accountants, it was "assembled" by interns in the accountant department...it had the CRV's 2.4L I4, 6 speed from a TSX IIRC, and an interior from what felt like a knockoff Lego set...I'm guessing all the real R&D went into that stupid i-MID thing; 3 ways to inform the fuel level but no coolant temp gauge, tires were $800 and might, might, get 20k mi. per set, the oil was a special $100 blend only available through Honda (at least then) every 3k mi, and using any other would void the warranty...the TC was dim witted at best, blind spots were horrendous, road noise was like a vintage beetle and for those that haven't driven one, put a cooking pot over your head like a helmet and bang it with random crap...and after properly positioning the seat the top of the steering wheel blocked my view of the speedometer...also the weight distribution may literally have been worse than an old school beetle...the understeer still haunts me.

It's not about embarassment...it's about earnings per share.

Oh I almost forgot that they extended the warranty on the paint because in some spots the clear coat goes milky...

That's a lot...the consensus on that issue was the cylinder head right?

Yep, eight year old tech is much safer.

*ghey*
+1...imo there's no rule of thumb anymore; I had an '05 Subaru Legacy that was awesome and also the 1st year of a new generation.

The 1st gen NSX is good imo, as is the RSX type-s, and imo I liked the AP1 S2000's better.

That's some bull****. I've heard Honda is a bitch about warranty situations but I didn't know it was that bad.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

I took in the Si in once for something that was under warranty and the guy literally said to me "it's just a Civic"

What if I told you the NC700X basically has the engine from an Insight that was just chopped in half to make it a parallel twin?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts