Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Racing for 2015 is about to start.

WSBK at Phillip Island. Let's go #21!

To be honest, I just want to watch some close racing. If Troy Bayliss (my favorite SBK racer of all time) gets into the top 10 it was be sick considering he's been well retired for years.

Time for: BRRAAAAAPPP!!! :fiddy::cruising::banger::bigclap::rocker:

·
Registered
953 Posts
Where can I watch this? It doesn't seem to be on any channels..? Anyone have bright house? Also a buddy said you can torrent it from online but i have yet to find it.. any help would be appreciated, i wanna check it out before work tonight..

·
Registered
940 Posts
That second race was off the charts all the way to a photofinish at the end. Can someone explain to me how the MV's make it even slightly interesting to watch the 600s race? They were way gone by the 5th lap.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Just watched the WSBK races; I am speechless. I have never felt so breathless (and happy) watching WSBK races before. Both races were absolutely mesmerizing, I plan on rewatching them....probably twice.

Haslam's save managing to keep it upright for that long on the grass and then make the corner was jaw-dropping.

I hope he takes the title this year, he has the talent but never really gelled with a bike the way he did with the RSV4 at Philip Island. I also enjoyed how he commented on getting too close to Rea to be able to slipstream past Rea at the end of Race 1 and he was in the exact same position at the end of Race 2, but this time he nailed the manoeuvre perfectly and got the win......my facial muscles are sore from smiling.

Honorable mention to the rookies VD Mark and Torres, great debuts......

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
how are you guys watching? anyone watching it free online? i dont even have cable haha

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just watched the WSBK races; I am speechless. I have never felt so breathless (and happy) watching WSBK races before. Both races were absolutely mesmerizing, I plan on rewatching them....probably twice.

Haslam's save managing to keep it upright for that long on the grass and then make the corner was jaw-dropping.

I hope he takes the title this year, he has the talent but never really gelled with a bike the way he did with the RSV4 at Philip Island. I also enjoyed how he commented on getting too close to Rea to be able to slipstream past Rea at the end of Race 1 and he was in the exact same position at the end of Race 2, but this time he nailed the manoeuvre perfectly and got the win......my facial muscles are sore from smiling.

Honorable mention to the rookies VD Mark and Torres, great debuts......

Great races indeed. I am personally rooting for Chaz Davies.

Also, what VD Mark did to Tom Sykes in race 1 was BS, I guess it's "racing" but that was borderline stupid. I understand guys will do a lot to win, but they were not anywhere near the podium at the time. Either way, it was still a fantastic race.

As for WSS that new guy Smith on the 600RR was a hoot to watch. Love how he was sliding the bike around in corner entry. I wish I could do that. :crackup:

As for Michelin tire test for the big boys... Didn't end up too well.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/215050/1/incidents-mar-michelin-motogp-test.html

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Great races indeed. I am personally rooting for Chaz Davies.

Also, what VD Mark did to Tom Sykes in race 1 was BS, I guess it's "racing" but that was borderline stupid. I understand guys will do a lot to win, but they were not anywhere near the podium at the time. Either way, it was still a fantastic race.

As for WSS that new guy Smith on the 600RR was a hoot to watch. Love how he was sliding the bike around in corner entry. I wish I could do that. :crackup:

As for Michelin tire test for the big boys... Didn't end up too well.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/215050/1/incidents-mar-michelin-motogp-test.html
You and me both.

I can't stop raving about that Philip Island SBK weekend, I just watched the WSS race and it was scintillating to say the least. Kyle Smith is supposed to be a rookie; I have never seen anyone go into that hairpin as sideways as he did and still make the corner, he is definitely someone to look out for. I was rooting for Rea and he put in a last lap from heaven to take the last podium spot so that was cool.

Sofuoglu, that incident he had at turn 1 looked like it woke him up, he was charging through the packs.

I'm rooting for Haslam, I always root for Aprilia (when Yamaha aren't there) and I really like Haslam so I'll always be rooting for him. I used to like Sykes but he complains a lot at times, that turn one move by VD Mark was real real aggressive, borderline, some will say he shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. Honestly, if I was Sykes I would be furious so I'm not holding his contempt against him this time. I've read that psychologically putting a hard pass like that on someone will give you an advantage in the future and will let them always yield to you, not sure if it's true though.

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You and me both.

I can't stop raving about that Philip Island SBK weekend, I just watched the WSS race and it was scintillating to say the least. Kyle Smith is supposed to be a rookie; I have never seen anyone go into that hairpin as sideways as he did and still make the corner, he is definitely someone to look out for. I was rooting for Rea and he put in a last lap from heaven to take the last podium spot so that was cool.

Sofuoglu, that incident he had at turn 1 looked like it woke him up, he was charging through the packs.

I'm rooting for Haslam, I always root for Aprilia (when Yamaha aren't there) and I really like Haslam so I'll always be rooting for him. I used to like Sykes but he complains a lot at times, that turn one move by VD Mark was real real aggressive, borderline, some will say he shouldn't have been in that position in the first place. Honestly, if I was Sykes I would be furious so I'm not holding his contempt against him this time. I've read that psychologically putting a hard pass like that on someone will give you an advantage in the future and will let them always yield to you, not sure if it's true though.

That depends on the rider's mentality. At a trackday, I don't really care what people do, I just take my time and enjoy riding my motorcycle. If someone pulled a stunt like that, I'd definitely chat with them and let them know it could endanger others.

But in a race, it's on like Donkey Kong. I try to make sure I make clean passes and leave a margin of error. If someone does that to me, it doesn't change me one bit so long as they don't force me to crash. If I am still on two wheels, I will chase that person down and pass them in a corner they least expect it.

I've been following the Lowe's brothers and Chaz since they hit the bigger racing series (BSB/WSS) so I still root for them. I wish Sam would do better in Moto2, kid has a lot of talent. Same thing with Kyle Smith, I hope he can keep it up for the rest of the year.

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
These are the riders I am rooting for this year:

GP: Pedrosa
Moto2: Alex Marquez
Moto3: Livio Loi (but I really just want to continue seeing close racing.)
WSBK: Davies/Lowes
WSS: Kyle Smith

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
That depends on the rider's mentality. At a trackday, I don't really care what people do, I just take my time and enjoy riding my motorcycle. If someone pulled a stunt like that, I'd definitely chat with them and let them know it could endanger others.

But in a race, it's on like Donkey Kong. I try to make sure I make clean passes and leave a margin of error. If someone does that to me, it doesn't change me one bit so long as they don't force me to crash. If I am still on two wheels, I will chase that person down and pass them in a corner they least expect it.

I've been following the Lowe's brothers and Chaz since they hit the bigger racing series (BSB/WSS) so I still root for them. I wish Sam would do better in Moto2, kid has a lot of talent. Same thing with Kyle Smith, I hope he can keep it up for the rest of the year.
Yup pretty much no limit unless someone intentionally tries to make you crash.

These are the riders I am rooting for this year:

GP: Pedrosa
Moto2: Alex Marquez
Moto3: Livio Loi (but I really just want to continue seeing close racing.)
WSBK: Davies/Lowes
WSS: Kyle Smith

Mine:
GP: Rossi
Moto2: Lowes/Kallio/Luthi
Moto3: Fenati
WSBK: Haslam
WSS: Gino Rea/Sofuoglu

·
Super Moderator
6,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really hope to see some close battles all the way to the finish in GP this year. If not I'll likely stick to watching WSBK as the racing is much closer with up to 4-5 riders all from different manufacturers fighting for the win. Moto3 is also fantastic for close racing all the way to the checkered.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts