Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looks more and more like we will be seeing an all new CBR1000RR in 2017, yes with Electronics added, Honda is also talking about a "track version" similar to the R1M (ie mainly for track only) The current CBR1K is a great bike, but lets face it; it is not on par with it rivals, like or hate electronics it's almost a must have nowadays esp with sub 200hp bikes (which seems to be more or less the norm now for the 1K's)

Hot new road-focused Fireblade and exotic RVF1000 V4 for 2017
Honda plan superbike double | MCN

concept pic of course

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will start saving. I probably will turn my 600 into a dedicated track bike.

haha yeah would love to do the same! still in the market for a new bike (in no rush) would be great to see a new 1K from Honda indeed. Currently the new R1 is at the top of my list (even with the recall) lol

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,767 Posts
that's just a bad photoshop of the rc213vs, and then a picture of the rc213vs engine.

what's going on here?!

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's just a bad photoshop of the rc213vs, and then a picture of the rc213vs engine.

what's going on here?!

yeah the web pics / concept pics are always out of wack

·
Registered
940 Posts
haha yeah would love to do the same! still in the market for a new bike (in no rush) would be great to see a new 1K from Honda indeed. Currently the new R1 is at the top of my list (even with the recall) lol
I like he reviews on the R1 even with the recall however I just can't get over it's face. Can't learn to love it.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what the in the eff are you talking about?? the interwebs never lie!

lol

I like he reviews on the R1 even with the recall however I just can't get over it's face. Can't learn to love it.

yes front reg lights are not easy on the eyes, led accents are nice. From what I understand you can remove them if you wanted (if you don't ride at night etc) a couple of screws. Good friend of mine has ordered a 2016 R1M should be taking delivery in Feb, cant wait ;)

·
Registered
966 Posts
No specs, no pics, just guessing. I'll wait until something real comes about.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Exciting and seems to look sharp with the "internet composed" pics, although I'd wait it out a couple of years until any possible bugs are worked out. That's just my take though. Folks have likely been waiting a long time - so it may be hard to hold back, I can understand.

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
FYI that "concept" photo has been floating around the Internet for a couple years now and it was originally made as a "mashup concept" for what people thought the RC213V-S was going to be.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'd be interested to see what the RVF1000RR would be like, but if it were up to me I think I'd get me the fireblade. Making it into a versatile roadbike is something I prefer personally considering this way honda would be able to cater for both non-trackday riders and those who want to get really serious with their trackday. Something for everyone!

And yet, still no news on honda updating the CBR600RR bikes. Pretty sad.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Article today (MCN) "MCN’s sources have confirmed that the new Fireblade is scheduled to be revealed at the end of this year so it can go on sale as a 2017 model – 25 years after the original CBR900RR-N FireBlade, created by Tadao Baba took the biking world by storm"
New Fireblade to rule the roads | MCN

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
"That's why you need to learn to love what you have and you'll never need to learn to love what you don't have." - Polishblood :nerd:
That's wisdom right there.

I still can't get over the side exhaust. Undertail pipe all the way. This stays consistent with your quote. I love my 600rr so I don't have the need to love the 1000RR. 0:)

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think to compete for sales Honda will have to join the more track focus trend. So I'd think circa 200bhp will be on the cards with power modes and traction control. Looks wise that could be anyone's guess at this moment in time.

I'm waiting for the manufacturers to switch back to torque instead of eeking out every bhp which is achieved at 12,000 rpm. But I think the emissions may have killed that dream off.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm waiting for the manufacturers to switch back to torque instead of eeking out every bhp which is achieved at 12,000 rpm. But I think the emissions may have killed that dream off.
Emissions? You don't think the fact the bikes are focused on the track where low end torque doesn't matter doesn't have anything to do with it? If you want torque you get a cruiser. Torque doesn't belong on 200hp 1L motors.

1 - 20 of 207 Posts