Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

201 - 207 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Why does it seem like MCN pick a new winner every year?

2014 - BW S1000RR
2015 - YaMaha R1M
2016 - Ducati Pannigale 1299
2017 - Honda 1000RR
2018 - Suzuki
2019 - Kawasaki
2020 - Process repeat
Maybe placebo maybe fact. Wait for other head-2-head reviews to pop up. For now this is all we have to go with an you can dispute the fact that they rode all of them is widely varying conditions.

·
Registered
966 Posts
MCN is crap. They basically are telling us the Honda is the nicest to ride on the streets, which we always know. Give me a real talent riding them back to back same day same track then lets talk!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Do you track your bike?
Which one, my street bike or my track bike? :poke:
Yes, I certainly do. I know where your line of reasoning is going, and I don't think its a great way to look at supersport bikes built for ultimate performance. Every generation they become more focused, less street worthy. And that's how it should be. Wanna be comfy get a VFR.

·
Registered
940 Posts
@bored&stroked - Funnily enough I have been really considering a VFR800 to add to the stable or a Yamaha FJR (might be too heavy) particularly so the wife is more comfy when we venture out. Glad you read my line of thinking. I have an R6 that is strictly track duty only and every infrequent time I take it out on the streets I immediately regret it. The CBR is so much more comfortable and Honda purposefully designs their bike with that in focus because the fact is most don't ever see the track.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I was a the dealer the other day fondling with the matte black 1000RR. She's gorgeous and from the look in her eyes, she wanted to go home with me. Asked the dealer for the price quote and it's almost $20K OTD. That's almost enough of a down payment for a Tesla! Couldn't get myself to do it. :frown2:

I've heard that the 1000RR doesn't have a gas gauge? I saw there's a fuel indicator and I guess it lights up when you hit the reserve. Couldn't find any other detail showing how much fuel I have left in the tank. This is supposed to be an advance dash? Seems like we're taking 5 steps forward and 3 steps backward.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Huh, it looks like no model year 1000RR has a gas gauge, looking at images I can find online. Maybe as a more 'serious' race bike, the 1000RR doesn't have the same float arm in the tank that the 600RR does (maybe.)

Here's a video on how to get numbers on fuel remaining:

201 - 207 of 207 Posts