Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Absolutely nothing wrong with the current CBR1kRR. Still considered the best chassis in the business. It's just getting killed around the world in racing since it lacks the power & electronics the competition have been heaping on their liter bikes in the past few years. So to stay relevant in racing they have to keep up with the Joneses, err Kawasakis & Yamahas. Yes, when you pack 200+hp in the confined & variable conditions of the street you need all those advanced electronics to keep things composed. The current CBR doesn't really need it as it only has about 150hp and a very very refined chassis and fueling. I'd take a 2009-2015 CBR1k over the latest R1 or BMW any day. People seem to buy bikes based on their fantasies instead of their abilities. I'm not a horsepower guy (hence the 600RR) so liter bikes are a yawn for me. Don't give me an extra 40hp on a 400+ lb bike. Give me a bike with healthy horsepower and 40lbs less. Give me 100-140hp and 300-330lbs and we're talking.

I'm glad Honda said they still think of the CBR to be developed as a balanced street bike first. The new one will be on par with the other bikes and kick ass on the track with the HRC kit goodies.

What I'm really wondering is if they pull the trigger on the RVF1000 homologation racer. The RC30 for the new millenium. That will be the power of dreams. SBK has lowered homologation to 1000 units and under $45k. I can see a very special motorcycle coming out that meets those two requirements.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The 600 is already a little bigger than I would prefer, and I'm still trying to grow into it after 3k miles... I can't imagine how a 1k would feel.

I know this is off-topic but did Honda ever resolve the abnormal oil consumption issue on the current gen 1k?

·
Registered
940 Posts
Sounds intriguing and my interest is increasing. I am glad they are staying with their root of designing for where most people use these things which is the streets plus giving those that want something more potent have that option. I hope they make it sexy...I'll buy the street version eventually.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
That front render is awful
They just shopped the new headlight onto a current 1krr - absolutely not what it will look like.

The talk about Ohlins adjustable fronts (and/or rear?) is interesting, as that implies that there will be more than one model of the bike, as they will absolutely make a 'plain' one with Showa BPF forks.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Emissions? You don't think the fact the bikes are focused on the track where low end torque doesn't matter doesn't have anything to do with it? If you want torque you get a cruiser. Torque doesn't belong on 200hp 1L motors.
Just wait a few years. Sales are high in adventure bikes and powerful nakeds. To steal those sales back the sports bikes will change back to more comfort and street orientated. They have to sell bikes some way and brain washing the folks with money comes easy to them.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Just wait a few years. Sales are high in adventure bikes and powerful nakeds. To steal those sales back the sports bikes will change back to more comfort and street orientated. They have to sell bikes some way and brain washing the folks with money comes easy to them.
Honda already has torque biased sportbikes like the cbr650f and cb1000R and nobody is buying those much either. The market has moved to different types of bikes because of [like everything else these days] IMAGE. It has nothing to do with people wanting more low end torque.

Have you ridden a current 1K sportbike? Its like V8 guys always going on about low end torque. Even stock I've never felt at a loss for enough torque to get the job done. Could always use more HP though.....

·
Registered
479 Posts
The 600 is already a little bigger than I would prefer, and I'm still trying to grow into it after 3k miles... I can't imagine how a 1k would feel.

I know this is off-topic but did Honda ever resolve the abnormal oil consumption issue on the current gen 1k?
I walked into a dealership a week ago. Sales representative asked me what I ride. Told him a cbr600rr and he immediately asked me if I was going to upgrade soon lol.

This is the second cbr600rr I have owned in the past 2 to 3 years and I am not even close to using 75% of its ability. A liter bike would be idiotic lol.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Literally only the new headlights put on the old bike. Awful renders like that are notorious in the euro bike magazine scene to try to sell copies.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Honestly I am waiting for them to release a new bike. I would hate to wait all this time for them to come out with a crappy bike or wait another year to come out with one.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Looks interesting, but probably way off of what the actual 1000RR will look like. IMO the 1kRR is already a solid bike as it is, granted it is missing some elecrtonics and a bit low on power. It will be exciting to see what Honda brings to the table with the 2017 CBR1000RR.

But given the choice of current liter bikes, my pick has always been the BMW S1000RR (yes it seems like they stole the name from Honda).

https://youtu.be/XyzFVDF2QOw

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
S1000RR def a beast, and prob the most comfy from a road bike point of view. amazing bike indeed! buddy of mine has the 2015 and absolutely loves it!!
I test drove one last year awesome the auto downshift blipper so bad ass. Susper comfy too i completely agree with that much more room. Felt upright compared to my 600rr

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
According to the article wont be a drastic change looks wise "Both Honda sources also revealed the 2017 bike will be completely new including electronics, suspension and engine, but will still appear very similar to the outgoing model in keeping with its iconic, angular profile" its a good looking bike imo, maybe a few changes looks wise is prob all thast needs, the more drastic changes is in the engine/elec

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
According to the article wont be a drastic change looks wise "Both Honda sources also revealed the 2017 bike will be completely new including electronics, suspension and engine, but will still appear very similar to the outgoing model in keeping with its iconic, angular profile" its a good looking bike imo, maybe a few changes looks wise is prob all thast needs, the more drastic changes is in the engine/elec

I think it's the second best looking bike on the market at the moment, only behind the R1M, so I would much prefer small changes over a drastic ground floor redesign.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

21 - 40 of 207 Posts