Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
I am stoked that they are keeping the looks similar. I do not like the looks R1M but riders reviews have made me appreciate it enough to keep my eyes open for a steal if one pops up. Give me a little bit more horsepower with streetability with some electronics and I'm really interested in the CBR1K. Please, oh please have some LED lights and a hopefully a redone dash...although I could live without.

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
I am stoked that they are keeping the looks similar. I do not like the looks R1M but riders reviews have made me appreciate it enough to keep my eyes open for a steal if one pops up. Give me a little bit more horsepower with streetability with some electronics and I'm really interested in the CBR1K. Please, oh please have some LED lights and a hopefully a redone dash...although I could live without.

A new dash would do wonders for that bike. I imagine there will be if there are going to be added electronics.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I think it's the second best looking bike on the market at the moment, only behind the R1M, so I would much prefer small changes over a drastic ground floor redesign.

good point and agree, still have yet to see my buddies new R1M ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
yes new LED headlights / projectors would be a welcomed change, electronics / rider modes, new dash would be great, color even better. Id imagine on the SP model we will see full ohlins and brembo, very interested to see what this new 1K will look like/perform. id imagine 200 hp range is on deck. The 2016 CBR1K is as follows: The 2016 CBR1000RR horsepower rating comes in at 175.7 HP (131kW) and arrives at 12,250 RPM; torque peaks with 82.6 lb ft TQ delivered at 10,500 RPM. * 2016 CBR1000RR SP Repsol 178.4 HP (133kW) and 84 lb ft TQ delivered at the same RPM.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I like it in the preview article. Looks great, especially with the added options and such - love the touch of gold on the tricolor. I can see myself considering one after the first few years have passed...

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I like it in the preview article. Looks great, especially with the added options and such - love the touch of gold on the tricolor. I can see myself considering one after the first few years have passed...
That bike is just a special edition of the current Fireblade (and euro only I believe.) Unless that's what you meant. There currently are no spy pics of the 2017 Fireblade, only magazine click bait renders.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
That bike is just a special edition of the current Fireblade (and euro only I believe.) Unless that's what you meant. There currently are no spy pics of the 2017 Fireblade, only magazine click bait renders.

correct, the second pic tri color one in the link i posted is the McGuinness TT-special edition only avail in Europe, the Tri Color with gold rims was an oem SP model in 2014

·
Registered
803 Posts
Oh, I see. That one does look hot though.

Although the thought of a 1k is tempting, I think the 600 is the sweet spot with the handling and nimbleness. I guess I am biased as well. Just venting and expressing more than anything else.

·
Premium Member
1,728 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Bosch electrics maybe means it's going to be a CANBUS bike?

Rumors of a semi-active Ohlins may mean the bike will come in more than one trim; hard to see them not offering a cheaper version with proven Showa BPFs. Similar to the current normal and SP versions.

I dread seeing the new exhaust but certs must be satisfied.

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
My only thought now is that thing is going to be expensive as fvck. I also hope they don't style it anywhere close to the CBR250RR, that thing looks like a knock-off Kawasaki. The current blade is still one of my favorite designs. Sharp yet smooth. It has a great design balance and I hope they don't throw it off by trying to make it look like a transformer.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
It will probably be expensive, if they are going after SBK wins and general superbike supremacy. Wonder where it will fall in regards to electronics package. Honda seems to either offer almost no electronics or hyper advanced versions.

I also think the 08+ Fireblade looks fantastic, I love the small tail and blunt nose but man a whole lot of people hated it.

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
It will probably be expensive, if they are going after SBK wins and general superbike supremacy. Wonder where it will fall in regards to electronics package. Honda seems to either offer almost no electronics or hyper advanced versions.

I also think the 08+ Fireblade looks fantastic, I love the small tail and blunt nose but man a whole lot of people hated it.

It's going to leave a huge hole in the Honda lineup without a current supersport and a reasonably priced liter bike. My eye is leaning more and more to the African Twin as my next bike.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Actually, that hole has shrank a lot - supersports just don't sell much, from anyone. Other bikes have filled that... honestly, I think America is finally catching up to the rest of the world, where sports bikes are more rare and touring, utility, adventure and city bikes are more normal. Everywhere else, if people want a sporty middleweight they get a CBR650F, Kawi Z800, etc.

41 - 60 of 207 Posts