Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
White one is a 2018 at dealer and red one is my 2003 CBR 600
I was at bike dealer and at times I think about selling my 2003 CBR600 but I don’t see enough design to move me to buy a newer one. Recently I removed my 2003 Black stripe decals which I never cared for but it made it look better. So I think HONDA sport bike design and technology is a tad behind the competition and they need to hire new design team. I saw the brand new Honda CBR and they went back to same stripes as my old one.
they need to get more daring and stop the what goes around comes back around design. I think I just keep my old 2003 CBR but 2007 2008 CBR LOOK GREAT

Attachments

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I personally don’t care for how your bike looks without the stripes and like the 500R you showed a picture of. My buddy has a great 2004 that’s pretty much stock save for the FMF pipe that I think is timeless.

While some of the colors of the 07/08 were great and somewhat understated, some were not and had fairly large wings on them. Not a fan of the orange or the white, but the blue and red were classic looking. Those same people designed the Graffiti, Phoenix and Layla schemes as well, examples of ones I think haven’t aged super well.

Different strokes for different folks is my point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yea I never cared for the orange but the silver looked good around 2007 or so. Wow you like that white 500R? Maybe it’s just me and my odd taste because I’m not into it, it looks ok but I feel a 2018 should not look close to 2003 design. I think by 2018 the tank should just have HONDA and drop the wing. The headlights should be thinner and more high tech led looking , the tank should have more design to it , brush stainless look along with plastic. Fairings could be less or ribbon look just a look you expect in 2020. I give them credit for the plastic tank in 2003 which was forward thinking and the Italian Red R157!
That paint color on my bike is nice!. But My 2003 tank shape and decal looks like 2018 tank design and I’m happy but it should not be that close and would not if Honda had better design team.
Well the bike design that I really like is Ducati and MV Austa, my dream bikes and they don’t use a lot of stripes, well some models they do but still manage to look beautiful !! Regarding my bike , I feel like I actually love it more without the factory stripes , I still think the new Honda CBR $25,000? look ok but can be better and can use more technolog. But your right different strokes !

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Yea I never cared for the orange but the silver looked good around 2007 or so. Wow you like that white 500R? Maybe it’s just me and my odd taste because I’m not into it, it looks ok but I feel a 2018 should not look close to 2003 design. I think by 2018 the tank should just have HONDA and drop the wing. The headlights should be thinner and more high tech led looking , the tank should have more design to it , brush stainless look along with plastic. Fairings could be less or ribbon look just a look you expect in 2020. I give them credit for the plastic tank in 2003 which was forward thinking and the Italian Red R157!
That paint color on my bike is nice!. But My 2003 tank shape and decal looks like 2018 tank design and I’m happy but it should not be that close and would not if Honda had better design team.
Well the bike design that I really like is Ducati and MV Austa, my dream bikes and they don’t use a lot of stripes, well some models they do but still manage to look beautiful !! Regarding my bike , I feel like I actually love it more without the factory stripes , I still think the new Honda CBR $25,000? look ok but can be better and can use more technolog. But your right different strokes !
If the US had gotten the ’21 600RR revamp, it would have had a much more modern look without being overly gaudy:

I agree, Ducati and MV have the “understated” dedign down to a T and as much as owners try to fancy them up they just look best the way they came from the factory. I attached a pic of my current Supersport; I tried to juice it up a few times and other than the small Dragon sticker it just didn’t look right. But Honda can do simple designs if they feel like it, you and I are in the minority there for preferring them it seems, because the CBR650F was very simple design that I loved enough to own for 3 years but it didn’t sell well until they fancied it up as the CBR650R in 2019 when it then sold pretty well and had all sorts of stickers. I added the Honda sticker to the lower fairing but otherwise left it as is looks wise as well. se attached pic.

Honda’s Italian red R157 has been used for sure since 1990 on the VFR750F, another bike I’ve owned in the past that was a simple scheme and beautiful, so that’s nothing “new “ for them. It’s all about finding what you like, they are out there!!!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts