Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't posted anything on this forum for years but I think this would be the right time to do so again.

Think of it as a lucky find, I managed to acquire a brand new 2021 CBR600RR HRC Race Base that's already decked out by HARC PRO in Japan for a friend & I'm very happy to be the one who will be doing the set up & tuning on this bike for him & probably ride it out a few times. Here's some pics I took at the time I picked up the bike.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Fuel tank Automotive tire
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Rim
Automotive tire Gadget Sports equipment Audio equipment Bumper
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Here's the list of the upgrades already on the bike.

HARC PRO Titanium Full Exhaust
HARC PRO Brake Lever Guard
HARC PRO Rearsets
HARC PRO CF engine covers
Goodridge Front Brakeline
HRC Race Base ECU
HRC Race Base Wiring Harness

The bike comes stock with Dunlop Roadsmart 2 tyres & 16/41 sprockets & 525 chain. We'll be changing the tyres to Pirelli Supercorsa SC & lower the gearing to suit the track.

I'll be updating this thread from time to time with more pics & upgrades for the future. We'll try to lighten up this bike to the max which means carbon wheels, carbon & titanium bits.

Stay tuned!

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
It's not easy for westerners to find out about the best Japan has to offer.....kind of an untapped market for Japanese moto stuff.

With winglets even!

What is estimated cost, and how do you find these Japanese bikes?
How light can you get it, and keep race reliability intact?

Thank you, OverRReV.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not easy for westerners to find out about the best Japan has to offer.....kind of an untapped market for Japanese moto stuff.

With winglets even!

What is estimated cost, and how do you find these Japanese bikes?
How light can you get it, and keep race reliability intact?

Thank you, OverRReV.
We paid the equivalent of US$20,000 for the bike with everything you see there. I think it was a reasonable price considering how much you'd spend to buy a stock 600RR & deck it out with the same HRC & Harc-Pro parts.

The build quality is what you would expect from a Honda especially when it came from HRC. I'll be taking it to my shop for track prep & have the race bodywork copied for spares. I'll have the chance to see the innards when I take off the skins, of course I'll be posting it all here for everyone to see. I'm curious as to what they have done to the intake ports to increase power, the throttle body is also bigger now so I'll measure that too & the sparkplugs are 7mm longer because they redesigned the head for bigger coolant passages for better cooling & performance.

I'm still figuring out how to access the settings on the dash to change the sprocket teeth & tyre diameter. The bike didn't come with the user manual & FI setting tool so I'll have to learn the hard way.

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Here it is?

Awesome, I just need 1.8 M Yen...and shipping...and customs...and...

Nice work OveRReV for delivering that.

Dyno run stats would be revealing....anything planned?

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's web for HARC-pro Nice stuff. INTERNETSHOP | HARC-PRO.

Seriously obscure, not much info....how did you connect with this shop in JPN?

Please, more pics!

Thanks.
Honestly I didn't. You wouldn't believe me if I told you I got this bike from the most unexpected place. The seller imports used trucks, heavy equipment & various cars, motorcycles & scooters from Japan & I just happened to see this advertised on FB Marketplace. At first I was skeptical but further investigation revealed it was legit. Had to travel 200+kms to the North just to view this, when I have seen the actual unit & wrote down what was on it I told my friend to wire the money to the sellers account immediately so I can bring his new toy home for him.

There were a few people who inquired ahead of me asking why the asking price is so high but those in the know like me understood the value of this race bike. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity & we grabbed it.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here it is?

Awesome, I just need 1.8 M Yen...and shipping...and customs...and...

Nice work OveRReV for delivering that.

Dyno run stats would be revealing....anything planned?
I'm thinking about that too, we'll probably dyno it once the engine is worn in, I'm also curious as to how much HP it has compared to my bike & the other 600's here. Gonna take a look under the airbox to see what the airfilter & velocity stacks are. HRC should already have released the HRC race kit for this bike last January but couldn't find anything on their own website, might have to contact HARC-PRO shop for that I guess.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow. Just wow. Excited to see what’s behind the bodywork. Great grab!
Me too, can't wait to start the undressing & race prep, I'm a gearhead at heart so I'm very interested in the mechanical & electronic features of the bike.

Reactions: tary preisser

·
Registered
15 Posts
Full disclosure: I am a complete novice when it comes to a CBR600RR -I'm building my first 600 class race bike, a new 2020 CBR 600RR straight off the showroom floor..
It's presently completely stripped down of all plastics/lights, -getting the full Bazzaz wiring treatment and Graves block-offs installed. and I'm very familiar with HRC...not so much, HARC.

So, please forgive me, but what is this bike you're showing us? Is this a factory built race bike? or a street bike with an A/M body and muffler?
What's going on with your body/fairing kit? Who makes it?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow, this is a nice build for a decent price. It seems like this is the way of the future for some of the 600 class straight from the manufacturer even with the new GYTR r6 race. For about 20k seems to be the buy in, I hope Honda does the same in the future. Please keep us in the loop on some of the tech features if possible. I myself am currently entertaining the idea of building a new track bike shortly.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Full disclosure: I am a complete novice when it comes to a CBR600RR -I'm building my first 600 class race bike, a new 2020 CBR 600RR straight off the showroom floor..
It's presently completely stripped down of all plastics/lights, -getting the full Bazzaz wiring treatment and Graves block-offs installed. and I'm very familiar with HRC...not so much, HARC.

So, please forgive me, but what is this bike you're showing us? Is this a factory built race bike? or a street bike with an A/M body and muffler?
What's going on with your body/fairing kit? Who makes it?
As the title says it's a 2021 Honda CBR600RR HRC Race Base, it's a straight up race bike built from the factory with some HRC & aftermarket parts installed by HARC-PRO shop in Japan.

This is a different CBR600RR from the one you're building right now, this one has fly-by-wire throttle, TFT display dash, quickshifter, autoblip downshift, slipper clutch, HRC ECU, HRC wiring harness, HRC kit suspension, HRC radiator, Harc-Pro bodywork, Harc-Pro full titanium exhaust, Harc-Pro rearsets & brake lever guard, Harc-Pro front brake line.

I will get the bike tomorrow & bring it back to the shop for undressing & race prep. There's not much info about this bike apart from press releases so bear with me as I slowly dissect the best & possibly the last CBR600RR Honda will ever make.

·
Registered
98 Posts
As the title says it's a 2021 Honda CBR600RR HRC Race Base, it's a straight up race bike built from the factory with some HRC & aftermarket parts installed by HARC-PRO shop in Japan.

This is a different CBR600RR from the one you're building right now, this one has fly-by-wire throttle, TFT display dash, quickshifter, autoblip downshift, slipper clutch, HRC ECU, HRC wiring harness, HRC kit suspension, HRC radiator, Harc-Pro bodywork, Harc-Pro full titanium exhaust, Harc-Pro rearsets & brake lever guard, Harc-Pro front brake line.

I will get the bike tomorrow & bring it back to the shop for undressing & race prep. There's not much info about this bike apart from press releases so bear with me as I slowly dissect the best & possibly the last CBR600RR Honda will ever make.
It's crazy, I'm hoping they go the Yamaha route and sell race ready white body bikes for the track only. It's lame the 600 class is starting to die out.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, this is a nice build for a decent price. It seems like this is the way of the future for some of the 600 class straight from the manufacturer even with the new GYTR r6 race. For about 20k seems to be the buy in, I hope Honda does the same in the future. Please keep us in the loop on some of the tech features if possible. I myself am currently entertaining the idea of building a new track bike shortly.
You can bet on it that I will keep everyone here in the loop about this bike, having to build & tune a bike that's not available for the rest of the world except Japan makes me feel like I'm the luckiest guy on the planet.

We also considered getting the R6 Race & purchasing the GYTR kit for it but it will end up more expensive than buying this. It truly is a lucky find & we won't take it for granted so we're going to lavish it with the best parts we can get for this bike. I'll try to lighten this bike & bring it down to 150kg. In it's present firm I estimate the weight to be around 175kg.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can bet on it that I will keep everyone here in the loop about this bike, having to build & tune a bike that's not available for the rest of the world except Japan makes me feel like I'm the luckiest guy on the planet.

We also considered getting the R6 Race & purchasing the GYTR kit for it but it will end up more expensive than buying this. It truly is a lucky find & we won't take it for granted so we're going to lavish it with the best parts we can get for this bike. I'll try to lighten this bike & bring it down to 150kg. In it's present firm I estimate the weight to be around 175kg.
That's should be feasible to get it's diet down to that 150kg. It would be nice if we seen these stateside in the future. For the 20k price tag it wouldn't be terrible if the HRC support is behind the bikes 100% with parts being readily available to the rest of the world. You are lucky as hell and that should shape up to be one hell of a machine. The GTYR r6 is nice as well, it just is a shame to see the class dying out. I'll be following this closely as I'm finally done I think on the streets and more and more interested in selling my street bike to find a brand new track bike. Being a kawi guy at heart the 636 doesn't do it for me for some reason. Are there any suspension upgrades from factory?

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's should be feasible to get it's diet down to that 150kg. It would be nice if we seen these stateside in the future. For the 20k price tag it wouldn't be terrible if the HRC support is behind the bikes 100% with parts being readily available to the rest of the world. You are lucky as hell and that should shape up to be one hell of a machine. The GTYR r6 is nice as well, it just is a shame to see the class dying out. I'll be following this closely as I'm finally done I think on the streets and more and more interested in selling my street bike to find a brand new track bike. Being a kawi guy at heart the 636 doesn't do it for me for some reason. Are there any suspension upgrades from factory?
It has fully adjustable HRC Showa kit shock with high/low speed compression damping, rebound damping, adjustable length, hydraulic preload adjuster. The forks are HRC Showa BPF which are longer for more ride height adjustment & firmer valving. I will write down the baseline settings as it is for reference. I have the bike with me now, just stopped by at a shop to pick up the tyres, sprockets, chain etc. Will post pics later.

Reactions: Chasingstatuszx10r

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's here, the past meets the present.

Grandad, meet your grandson.
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

Time for the undressing to begin.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Prior to undressing.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle brake
Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle tire
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread
Wheel Automotive lighting Tire Hood Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle brake

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here's the undressed pics.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper

First off was the rear seat cowl & the first thing I noticed is the Yuasa lead acid battery, I was hoping it would be a lithium battery in there but I guess my expectations are high. I also noticed a nice aluminum block off plate where the exhaust servo motor used to reside, very clean look. There are also various plugs & terminals in the rubber boot right behind the battery & I think one of the plugs is for the HRC USB cable.

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Look at that nice Harc-Pro titanium full exhaust, the design & construction seems similar to Arata & that big HRC radiator is really imposing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Shoe Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Human body

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light Automotive design Automotive lighting

Notice how the ECU is much bigger now, like 50% more to accomodate the added electronic features, the steering damper is an HRC unit which is adjustable with a flat blade screw driver, just need to drill a hole to access it from outside the tank cover.

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

More external plugs for accessories & those HRC catch bottles are for the coolant & fuel tank overflow.

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

The Showa BPF on this bike is much longer than the previous model, at least 20 to 25mm longer with a stiffer spring & firmer damping for track/race use.

Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design

A closer look of the HRC steering damper.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts