21 - 40 of 45 Posts

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Automotive tire Bumper Bicycle part Rim Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Auto part Bicycle part

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design
Crankset Automotive lighting Automotive tire Bicycle chain Vehicle brake

The fairing stays are high quality & solid, they don't even flex when you push on them.

Reactions: Chasingstatuszx10r

Registered
Wow, you're literally living my dream right now building a fresh out the box CBR like this. The more I see the more I hope this comes stateside. Does it come with a key or push button start like the gytr r6? I wish I could retrofit the HRC rad at least on my rig. Does this make you want to jump ship and buy something new as much as it does me just following the thread? 馃槀

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tread Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust

Camera accessory Material property Carbon Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Nail Cable Glove Auto part Wrist
Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

It already comes safety wired on the oil drain plug, hose clamps on the oil filter, HRC plug set on the air injection ports & water pump bypass hose.

I just figured out how to access the settings part of dash, that in itself features a lengthy post which I will go through tomorrow but suffice to say it's loaded with tons of features that will rival the high end liter bikes on the market. This of this as the CBR600RR-R SP.

Registered
Very interesting. The photos show a lot more than expected . Please pop the airbox off. Let's see a top view of the valve cover and coils

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Wow, you're literally living my dream right now building a fresh out the box CBR like this. The more I see the more I hope this comes stateside. Does it come with a key or push button start like the gytr r6? I wish I could retrofit the HRC rad at least on my rig. Does this make you want to jump ship and buy something new as much as it does me just following the thread? 馃槀
It does come with 2 keys but it's for opening the fuel cap, already ordered a quick release fuel cap for it to lighten it up. No ignition key switch on this, the main switch is the engine kill switch on the right handle bar, just like what every HRC wiring harness is.

I feel like I won the lottery jackpot, I've had the privilege on working on some exotic race production bikes like the 1199 R & Superleggera, BMW HP4 Race, Desmosedici RR, Kawasaki H2R but I think I'll be having more fun working on this bike to turn into another super lightweight like my CBR600RR.

Your best bet would be to approach shops that sell HRC products, I forgot the name of a popular shop that starts with "Sunrise", they sell those Honda Moto3 bikes, maybe they can bring them in if there's enough demand.

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Very interesting. The photos show a lot more than expected . Please pop the airbox off. Let's see a top view of the valve cover and coils
That's next on the agenda, I also want to see what the new sparkplugs look like, they said it was 7mm longer which means special plugs which cost $$$. Going to peek inside the ports to see the size & shape. I'll be betting my money this engine now has titanium valves instead of the usual steel valves.

Registered
is there a manufacturer's stamp anywhere on the inside of any of the body pieces? how's the fitment? lining up good and tight?

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
is there a manufacturer's stamp anywhere on the inside of any of the body pieces? how's the fitment? lining up good and tight?
Didn't see any manufacturers name or markings on the back of the fairings but the quality is superb, all the holes line up nicely to the fastening points. It's quite tight & secure, missing 1 fastener on the mid fairing though but not a big deal, I'll just get one from the GSXR race fairings.

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Show us the VIN ! We're all dying to see!!
Patience my friend, it's hard to do a lot of stuff at the shop when I'm the only person working. Anyway as you requested.

Changing the sprocket, chain & tyres now.

Automotive tire Water Automotive design Grey Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Grey Automotive lighting Rim Tints and shades

Registered
Thank you so much for posting all this for us to see OverRev. That bike has some top quality kit. Seems well worth the $20K for what you get.

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thank you so much for posting all this for us to see OverRev. That bike has some top quality kit. Seems well worth the $20K for what you get.
You're welcome!

Just installed the first batch of upgrades to lighten the bike.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive design Automotive lighting

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset Alloy wheel

PBR sprockets 15/45 520
DID ERV7 racing chain

That should shed 1kg off the bike.

Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Machine Nut

Installed a Deltran lithium battery to replace the Yuasa lead acid battery, 2kgs off that easy.

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Continuing the investigation as I dig into this bike. I'm learning a lot about the difference between the years.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper
Automotive air manifold Motor vehicle Automotive design Auto part Vehicle
Black Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Engineering

Removing the tank the IMU is located under it where the frame & subframe meet. The airbox pretty much looks like the 07+ 600RR. Moving on to the airbox, let's see what the stacks & airfilter looks like.

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Automotive lighting Light Vehicle Hood Black

Food Wood Rectangle Cuisine Ingredient
Automotive lighting Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive engine gasket

Automotive design Black Automotive exterior Rim Auto part

Automotive tire Hood Bumper Motor vehicle Bicycle part

Gas Auto part Font Metal Household hardware

Removed the airbox cover & it looks like the airfilters from 07-20 will fit so there's no shortage of replacement airfilters out there. Measured the velocity stacks & they are 60mm & 75mm but the most noticeable difference is the throttle body diameter, for comparison the previous models are 40mm & the 2021 has grown to 44mm, a huge difference, this engine must be gulping a lot of air for it to need such a big TB, it's bigger than some older liter bikes.

The sparkplugs are also different now, gone are are IMR9C-9HES plugs & now replaced by SILMAR10C9S plugs which are similar to the ones Kawasaki ZX10R are using (SILMAR9B9). I'll be saving the best for last tomorrow as I dig deeper & look into the intake ports.

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
You still think this is a straight up HRC race bike built from the factory?
No but I think HRC may have a hand in designing the engine, BTW the brake rotor disks are HRC, when I removed the front wheel the disks just rattled as if they were loose. Didn't notice they are full floating rotors.

Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Now to the best part, we take a look at the cylinder ports.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Black Automotive design

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Rim

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Hood
Eye Eyelash Wood Gas Snout

As I suspected the ports have become smaller in the new engine compared to the previous generations & the intake manifold & the opening of the TB is also matched to the new port size & shape. I already have permission to take this bike to the dyno once it's ready & worn in. Ordering a new HRC USB cable, FI setting tool software & tuning manual because this bike uses a different one, the old HRC hardware & software is incompatible with this bike.

We'll be moving on to the interesting part of the bike which is the settings on the dash which is very cool.

Reactions: tary preisser

Registered
Where's the current USB port on this bike? Which HRC USB cable, FI setting tool software & tuning manual does this bike use? Who sells it? -do you have a link? What are you going to do? -Reflash this bike's ECU?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts