Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just wanted to spark a conversation about the pricing on honda's 2022 vs the 2023... i guess im just curious if you guys with the brand new ones think its worth it? i hear untill my local shop sends back their 22's, financing is super low and ive been lookin at em but the 23s are only like $500 more and they have a better warranty. i know the service guys at my local shop and i asked them they told me to buy a used 19 and go from there but i want the warranty and most of the 19s i see are either up or almost up. just curious what you guys would think. im currnetly running an 04. clean title but laid down twice at high speed. nobody injured and i walked away both times. just me and my bike sliding lol

stay safe out there and if your still pusihin it till snowfall im right there with you 馃檹

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nomally i wouldnt mind not considering the warranty but i plan to beat the everliving **** out of this thing as i want to use it to daily and to take to the track. i ride sun, snow, rain, hail, whatever mother nature will throw my way ill ride through it. that being said i would only like it as i live in western pa and salt corrosion is a BITCH lol. i dont ride when the roads are icy per say (safety) but if a rare 40-50 degree day pops up, ill be out for damn sure :LOL:馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Super Moderator
You're probably not going to like my opinion but....stick with the '04 until you stop crashing. Why risk crashing a brand new bike at the track when you could ride the '04 and not worry about it. You'll certainly learn faster that way. I think the advice the other shop gave you was actually good advice. Buy a used '19. Why waste depreciation of a '22 or '23 when you can get a similar bike without depreciation. Because the market is over inflated right now. When the communists in charge finally finish destroying our economy the value of homes, cars, and vehicles are going to drop back to reality. You'll be stuck upside down with a bike that's worth $5k less than what you paid for it, just like all these home owners who are buying these over inflated houses. Now is not the time to be going into debt on anything unless you can pay it off in a few months. The market is just too risky.

Registered
Warranty will not cover abuse, riding in the winter damage (corrosion) or a bike that has obviously been tracked/beat.

As @NewRedRider rider said until you stop crashing, stay with what you have. The 1000RR is in another league as far as handling and power, if you鈥檙e crashing a 600 you鈥檒l definitely crash a 1000, and your insurance will be absolutely ridiculous.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
never turned into insurance as i was the only one ever at fault, they tried to total my bike (subframe was bent a little) and i told them to **** off cause they were only gonna give me 500...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
my last wreck was 4 months ago and ive learned alot since then. i ride almost every day/night and im just too used to my 04 at this point lol i plan on taking the MSC before i get a 1000 as well as the advanced class as extra precautions but i just love the look and i can afford it so i feel like why not, you know?

Super Moderator
But the elephant in the room is, why did you crash the last time(s)? Throttle control is what's going to do you in. You'd be moving from a bike w/ @ 50 ft/lbs of torque to a bike with @ 100 ft/lbs of torque. When you move up in size on a bike too fast you fail to learn fundamental techniques of controlling corner speed and braking and wind up compensating by trying to use sheer top end speed down the straightaways to "catch up". That forms bad habits that lead to over shooting the corner and running wide. When you're on the street, that means you wind up in someone's fence off in the ditch on left handers or running head on into oncoming traffic on right handers. I've had to pull my fair share of young and old riders out of the ditch and one went to the hospital via life flight. A smaller bike w/ less HP is far more enjoyable to ride than a bike that is too big for your skill level. It takes years to hone your muscle memory and learn how to control a bike. I've been riding dirt and street for over 40 years. I still don't want or need a liter bike. Save yourself the grief and the coin, and get over the eye candy attraction. It's like dating a stripper. They may be nice to look at but you don't want to take one home unless you are a very experienced rider.

Your money, your enjoyment, your health and your skill level would all benefit much more by buying a smaller bike, a full suit, and all the gear. That would leave you more money to buy track days and spend more time learning and riding at your peak level to go fast and master fundamentals.

I'll try to give you an example from my personal experience. I got invited to go with 2 very experienced local riders that were towing their bikes from Florida to Deals Gap in TN. They didn't know my skill level and probably thought I was a total newb because I didn't even have a pair of boots to wear. They wanted to go ride The Dragon (US-129) so I said, uh HELL YES! It was a ZX-10, a GSRX1K, and my 600RR. They let me borrow a suit and a pair of boots that were 2 sizes too big. I was in the middle riding up one of the sectors. When we got to a stopping point, the guy behind me on the GSXR told me he thought there was something wrong with my rear brake light as it wasn't working all the time but just flickered every now and then. When we checked the brake light everything was fine. When I explained to him that I wasn't hardly using my front or rear brakes he was completely puzzled. He couldn't understand how I could keep up with a ZX-10 and a GSXR1K with my bike as hard as we were riding by only using engine braking. I explained to him that I'm a avid engine braker and the 600RR allows me to be much more aggressive with the throttle in those tight corners without worrying about loosing control. He really seemed put off that I could not only keep up but run with these liter bikes all day long. I think that's why he never gave me a copy of the video of that ride. He had a GoPro on his bike and it probably showed him struggling to keep up with a "little 600". ;)

Hone and harness your skills!

Registered
True dat. But do tell more about dating the stripper.

The thing with liter bikes on the street is you rarely get out of 3rd gear.

Not to say that liter bike thrust doesn't have its appeal but for all around usefulness give me a mid-size any day.

Registered
but i just love the look and i can afford it so i feel like why not, you know?
Another old guy question here, and you鈥檙e listening to what we鈥檙e sharing so I鈥檒l go on, but when you say you can afford it are you saying you can afford the whole bike or afford the monthly payment? Because that鈥檚 two different things; a no or low money down finance will put you in the hole on that bike for a long time and you鈥檒l be way upside down value wise with even a parking lot tip over, and you鈥檒l end up having to carry gap insurance to cover you if that happens. If you total the bike? Insurance will pay around 75% of the value of the bike so you鈥檒l be on the hook for a $6,000-8,000 chunk of metal you still need to pay on.

A guy on another forum I moderate had 2+ years without incident on a CBR650R including multiple track days and just traded it for an S1000RR and wrecked it two weeks later. These things happen all the time, it鈥檚 a totally different animal.

I鈥檓 not saying don鈥檛 finance the bike at all, you鈥檙e young, you only live once and if it鈥檚 something you want and can reasonably afford, do it. I am advising that unless you can put down half of the bike in cash minimum, to hold off until you can. And check insurance rates, even as an old fart liter sport bike insurance can be as much as the bike payment is per month, it鈥檚 crazy.

Used bike prices are going to crash really hard, really fast, very soon and as the recession moves forward toys are going to be a luxury most can鈥檛 afford for a while. Use that yo your advantage.

Reactions: NewRedRider

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Another old guy question here, and you鈥檙e listening to what we鈥檙e sharing so I鈥檒l go on, but when you say you can afford it are you saying you can afford the whole bike or afford the monthly payment? Because that鈥檚 two different things; a no or low money down finance will put you in the hole on that bike for a long time and you鈥檒l be way upside down value wise with even a parking lot tip over, and you鈥檒l end up having to carry gap insurance to cover you if that happens. If you total the bike? Insurance will pay around 75% of the value of the bike so you鈥檒l be on the hook for a $6,000-8,000 chunk of metal you still need to pay on.

A guy on another forum I moderate had 2+ years without incident on a CBR650R including multiple track days and just traded it for an S1000RR and wrecked it two weeks later. These things happen all the time, it鈥檚 a totally different animal.

I鈥檓 not saying don鈥檛 finance the bike at all, you鈥檙e young, you only live once and if it鈥檚 something you want and can reasonably afford, do it. I am advising that unless you can put down half of the bike in cash minimum, to hold off until you can. And check insurance rates, even as an old fart liter sport bike insurance can be as much as the bike payment is per month, it鈥檚 crazy.

Used bike prices are going to crash really hard, really fast, very soon and as the recession moves forward toys are going to be a luxury most can鈥檛 afford for a while. Use that yo your advantage.
You make really valid points that i hadnt considered. i didnt really think about insurance at all or depreciation of the bike itself. i would of been financing most of it with a a 5k down payment and trading in my buddies 19 cbr300r (would buy it off him super cheap as hes looking for a 600rr) that theyd probably give me 2k for so id be financing over half. i could probably find a 13-16 for around 5 (i love mechanic specials)

The market has been on the decline lately and i suspect around christmas it will be wild (like every year) but i will for sure be looking for a newer used bike. i really hadnt considered insurance at all and that wouldnt be an option for my insurance to be as much as my payment. i only have liabilty now simply because of how old my bike is and how young i am, they would give me like $1000 for the bike and my payments would be like 1400 a year (cheapest quote i got), cant justify that personally but if im paying 1400 a year and theyll give me 7-8k for my bike if anything were to happen id do that for sure. gonna check out some newer bike now on fb market lol thank you for your time and wisdom my friend and keep it right side up (y)馃檹

Super Moderator
And that is why I ask the question. :LOL: Only you know the condition of that bike but riding a "slow" bike on the track will teach you more.

Off Topic: If you're not watching the Moto America Junior cup races you are missing out on some of the best races. They're riding Ninja 400's. Just saying...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And that is why I ask the question. :LOL: Only you know the condition of that bike but riding a "slow" bike on the track will teach you more.

Off Topic: If you're not watching the Moto America Junior cup races you are missing out on some of the best races. They're riding Ninja 400's. Just saying...
my buddy had a z400 and i loved that thing, the first time i rode that i sold my harley and bought my cbr lol

im looking at groms to mess around on with the boys (their also looking) but were all gonna start doing track days next year and doing more **** like that 馃し鈥嶁檪锔 (not on groms)

i watched some videos of some smaller bikes but i wasnt all into it like im about to be lol thanks man

Super Moderator
The groms remind me so much of the Honda CT-70 bikes from the 70's. Very fun to ride!

Doing track days will give you so much more perspective of the races. You'll appreciate their skill even more when you start to realize how much talent and dedication it takes to race at their level.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts