Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i went in today and got all the paper work setup and done for a 05 600rr. i told the sales guy that i'd come in tomorrow and then all i have to do is sign my life away (i'm a college student and all my basically all my play money is going to this bike). the price and complimentary goodies are still up for negotiation, but the otd price the dealer gave me is $10,123. since i'm going to school right now on the central coast, i don't have many dealers to choose from and i don't want to ride the bike 200 miles from LA if i want to get a better deal. $10k is about the best u can do for a 600 sport bike here, but what should i bargan it down to? I was thinking of asking for $10k flat otd and throw in a seat cowl. the salesman was giving me a tough time when i asked for an x-eleven helmet so i'm not sure he'll give up more than 500 bucks. any input would be greatly appreciated. if all things go well, u guys can expect to see me as a regular here. =P

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
yumyumtofu said:
so i went in today and got all the paper work setup and done for a 05 600rr. i told the sales guy that i'd come in tomorrow and then all i have to do is sign my life away (i'm a college student and all my basically all my play money is going to this bike). the price and complimentary goodies are still up for negotiation, but the otd price the dealer gave me is $10,123. since i'm going to school right now on the central coast, i don't have many dealers to choose from and i don't want to ride the bike 200 miles from LA if i want to get a better deal. $10k is about the best u can do for a 600 sport bike here, but what should i bargan it down to? I was thinking of asking for $10k flat otd and throw in a seat cowl. the salesman was giving me a tough time when i asked for an x-eleven helmet so i'm not sure he'll give up more than 500 bucks. any input would be greatly appreciated. if all things go well, u guys can expect to see me as a regular here. =P
if he's already throwing in free stuff, he hasn't cut you much of a deal on the bike yet. it's when you ask for small stuff, and he tells you to get bent cuz you done raped him on the deal, that you can walk out with a smile. keep working on him, i'll bet you can get the cowl and the $500 off.

good luck. let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
try and get whatever you can outta him, they try to get whatever they can outta you........... id go for anything i could get and work down from there. thats just me tho

·
Registered
120 Posts
Good luck man, I'm in college and have been making payments. Its tough but I'm almost out and hoping for a good paying job. Agreed, keep bugging him and he probably will bend a little.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
i'd say throw out there $9200 and the seat cowl and judge his reaction. if he laughs at you, walk out the door, if he counter-offers, you've got something to work with.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Really. You could pick up a used for about $6K. Insurance will cost you about a third less too. That price sounds high.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I just got my 05' 600RR tribal for $9085 OTD with the 5yr. Honda protection plan, a vega helmet and a vega nitro mesh jacket. now that is a good deal. plus he gave me a starter kit which came with an assortment of honda polish wipes, lens cleaner wipes, shield cleaner wipes and some polishing cloths. I would say that at anywhere near 10K your getting the shaft, If they try saying that there are set up fees and destination charges that is a bunch of BS because there's not, all that crap is added by dealers to get the profits up for them. don't fall for it. I would tell him no more than $9500 OTD with at least an HJC helmet and possibly a jacket. I was so happy with my dealer/purchase experience that I got my buddy to go and get one also, so if the dealer wants to play hardball then let the games begin because whether there are only a few local dealers or not the point is, is that buying a bike should be a good experience and if you get raped on your original purchase what makes a dealer think your gonna go back to them for service or accessories? just call around and ask the dealers what their lowest OTD price is (basically what you write the check out for) and then go from there. I got my bike for $8100 plus 6% tax then $499 for the 5yr. warranty.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
That does sound high. I paid 10 large for my '03 new in '04 and thats Canadian dollars.

·
Registered
384 Posts
yumyumtofu said:
but the otd price the dealer gave me is $10,123. =P
You try LaCycleSports? I dont got tha 05' but I think they tryna rob you. My price otd with all tha tags n' sh*t was about $1500 cheaper...and thats when tha 03' first came out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My brother just picked up an '05 this week at LA Cyclesports for $8,700 out the door. Tax, license, and delivery included. I think you are paying way too much.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Unless your heart is just set on an 05, I would recommend just getting a nice low mile used 03-04. The difference isn't that noticable, and you can spend the rest on mods or whatever...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, your gettin screwed bro. Don't go for that. I shopped around, walked out of Corona Motorsports just a couple of hours from you otd for $8800. That 10K and up biz is a load of crap. Tons of other dealerships in my area tried it with me and I walked until I found Corona Motorsports. You'd be a fool to pay 10k for that bike when you have literally hundreds of other dealerships within a few hours driving distance from you.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
silverbullet2005 said:
I just got my 05' 600RR tribal for $9085 OTD with the 5yr. Honda protection plan, a vega helmet and a vega nitro mesh jacket. now that is a good deal. plus he gave me a starter kit which came with an assortment of honda polish wipes, lens cleaner wipes, shield cleaner wipes and some polishing cloths.
Dude, thats a smoking deal. I thought I got a pretty good deal for $8,700 otd plus $430 for 5year warranty.

I agree, start calling... best way, cuz they know you are shopping for best price. If they come back high, let them know they smoking crack and someone esle quoted you for something much lower otd.

N

·
0 Posts
It's cuz they see a noob with cash (no offense) but listen to the other guys and walk into a dealership like you know what you're talking about.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts