Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I am new to the board and was wondering if you guys could give me some advice....

There is a 2k3 bike for $7600 or a 2k4 bike for $7800.

Thing is, I am pretty sure that the 2k3 bike is negotiable yet the 2k4 is NOT. What would you guys do? Since they are basically the same (no major updates), would you take the 2k3 and pocket some money ($200-$500) or go ahead and just pick up the 2k4 because it's newer?

C

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the board. If you can negotiate the 03, DO IT!! You can use some saved money for a new exhaust, some gear, or some other mods.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
I would say just depends upon how hard up you are for a particular color. If you're indifferent to it, definitely do as CorleoneRR says and use that extra $ for gear, accessories, etc...

·
Registered
876 Posts
I would get the 2k4.. its only little bit difference in price.. Trust me you wont regret it.. If you sell it later you can get more money for it.. :bounce:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jeez you guys are FAST to reply... they have 2 (yellow and r/black) 2k3 and quite a few 2k4s.

Do you happen to know the "dealer cost" on it?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
IMO with the heat sheild not avail for the reg yet I would go with the 04. seems lots of people have electric problems with the 03s and not to many speak up about the 04. plus if its only 200 bucks you wouldnt be able to buy all that much stuff. i think 7800 for an 04 OTD is a great price.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
if you can only get it for that price get the '04. It's a newer year and the resale will be better. Even know the '03 is brand new the vin and bike still say it's a year old bringing down the price. Just like cars. That's why they have beginning of the year or end of the year blow outs to get rid of the older cars even if there is no change to them.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Honda fixed the Battery problem on the 04.. If you search the thread you will find that people where complaining about Battery are not being charged when using the High Beam.. I took my 03 and the dealer got authorization from the Honda to repair the problem, the dealer is just waiting for the parts.. I dont know what they are changing.. he told me but I forgot.. I will find out more and post it..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts