Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The turn out to this years meet and greet was very good, had well over 30 RR's show up plus a few others as well. We all had a chance to sign the t- shirt for Josh which I think was a great gesture from Jetblast10. Its not a lot considereing what has happened to him but it is a token from a great group of people. There is a lot more meaning into that shirt than just a bunch of signatures. On to the less mushy stuff.

The meet was again at Fudruckers in Irvine California, the food is good just a bit on the expensive side. From some of the conversations I had and heard a lot of BSing, bench racing and latest mods talk was well at hand. All the great reasons to have these get togethers. The bikes in the parking lot looked awesome and pix are coming real soon. This years is ahard call as to the most popular color as there was a lot of Red blacks , blacks and the yellow turn out was much better than last year.

Unfortunatly I was not able to go on the group ride, since my bike is race only which I did happen to bring out. I am sure the ride was great and sure we will hear about it soon.

·
Registered
30 Posts
great meet!! i had a lot of fun.. too bad i had to come in and work, and was not able to go on the group ride. :D maybe before summer is over we should gather a big group and ride together to a bikenight..

·
Registered
485 Posts
that was the best group ride i've ever been on, we did have one go down though. he was on the top of ortega and clipped a car, so thank god he is allright, and his bike isn't to bad. apart from that i had a great time. its nice to meet everyone and put a face to the people i talk to day to day on the net. we should do this much more often.
ortega is a great ride... FAST! i'm exhausted from the ride so i'm going to shower and sleep. netlore and DaBeachBum wore me out.
i hope everyone else makes it home safe.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry I missed the ride, but I agree it was a great meet and greet. I think it is awesome that we had so many people willing to do the 1-2 hour drive, hopefully this will lead to more events.

·
Registered
465 Posts
RRPilot………thanks for trucking the race bike out for us to look at. I always enjoy checking-out anything that goes fast. A great meet and plenty of bikes with different mods.

Once I got the helmet on….I had to start moving…and left before the group! Stopped at “Hell’s Kitchen” and waited for you all ….but hooked up with a few other guys and headed down the hill to Ellsinore.

Here’s a first for me….doing 85 mph on I-15 south……and two guys on Sportbikes pass me and wave……riding side saddle!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yeah it was a blast. Man I am friggin tired though, that ride home was a long ways. Was great to meet everyone. I have a bunch of pictures and will put some up a bit later. Great meeting you all.

Marvin and Allen, dont know how we lost you 2 on the 15 but I hope all is well. See you guys soon

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey fellas good ride today. i got tired and had to turn back once we reached the arco at crown valley. it was too hot for me. i am a bit out of shape. :oops: either way it was good fun. i was accepted byt everyone and and respected by everyone which is always good to see. as i always give respect to all. i hope this goes on more often. i will be in better shape then. and hopefully it will be a little cooler. i am new and will be getting on more often. i have not loaded the picture yet but i was the one with the repsol bike. thanks to havoc for hooking me up with that fender eliminator. i relly needed that. will be putting it on tommorrow in between races and the lakers. well thanks alot again to everybody and cant wait till the next gathering

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I had a great time. I'm tired and ready to relax. Thank you for everyone coming out. I'll post my pics a little bit later after I cool off. All the SD guys thank you for meeting up with me and riding up and back. The ride was fun. We did have one rider go down but he's ok, he rode home. I'm sunburnt and the t-shirt for Josh is going to be on it's way to the next member on monday. Thank you everyone again. I'll try to organize another one soon. In a few months and we'll try another road and maybe another location for food unless everyone liked it. Give me some feedback so I can improve on it. It was great seeing alot of faces from the first meet. Until next time!

·
Registered
703 Posts
i had a blast. It was nice putting more faces to names. As they say a good crash is one you can walk away from so in my book it is a good one. Now maybee next meet we can get thoes two encino guys to make it out. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks mabbottusmc!! :D This should be a quarterly event at least :!: I love seeing so many bikes and ideas for mods, etc. Thanks Havoc for the plate holder assembly :bounce: Thanks rrpilot for showing us your race unit, very cool, but get a kickstand, lol. :lol2: I'm putting my vote in for Idylwild to Hemet and back next meet. Bitchin' roads people.
Ortega rocked today!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Hey guys i just wanted to say thanks for a great day!!!!!! :thumbup:
I am still foggy with putting names to faces.Marshall it was an pleasure meeting you thanks for putting this all together.I forgot the name of the other guy with the chatter box i'm sorry but it was GREAT riding with you bringing up the rear and making sure everyone was in the pack your buddy on the yamaha got quite a scare coming home on the 5 (carpool lane at redhill) he did a good job not getting hit. Doug (beachbum) very nice to meet you. you led a good pace.RRPilot thanks for bringing your race bike out for us to see it and good luck in the WSMC and WERA races
I can go on for hours but to everyone else it was very nice meeting you, you all have very clean 600RR's and i'm happy to be a part of this forum
Thanks again :cool:
D Rock

·
Registered
287 Posts
its sean, =P, nice meeting you too doug...and yeah, jim is used to that sort of thing riding around LA all the time though...kinda sad, hehe.

But now im definately in the marketing for an 04 red RR tail section, those CRG levers, sat sliders...and well damn, i just need to get working on my bike.

We should definately find some riding next time that is more spread out so traffic isn't as big an issue. But it was still fun, except for the rider that was playing bumper cars with traffic :bounce:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Me and the wife had a great time. TOO bad no one else brought along their lady friends for her to hang out with. GREAT PICS!!!! I know some of you probably thought me crazy to bring her along on the ride and stay at the pace but we hit the twisties every now and then and she rides great. Was good to meet the people behind the avatars and make some more riding buddies for the future. Have to find me a new hugger and straighten out my Lisence plate though. Hard lesson in suspension going 2up. Taco'ing my license plate had never happened before.
Hope everyone made it home safe. Time for some sleep and a shower

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ahh..so brandon = bull...nice meeting you, uhh i was the guy in the full black leathers with a solid black helmet and chatter box...in case you wanna try and remember, haha.

glad you had a good time, again soon!

-sean

·
Registered
17 Posts
yeah definately that idyllwild to hemet ride will be great. i went there on time thru state hwy 74 i think it is. i just remember it being called florida and then turning into a state highway. anyways banked turns everyone. lots of twisties. one after the other. it was loads of fun. not as much traffic and more important not that many cops. that will be a hell of a ride. cant wait for that to be set up if it does get set up. well it was fun today and see you guys later. rrpilot i will see you at willow in a couple of weeks. oh yeah by the way you going to vegas for wera. let me know. see if we could hook up. wsmc709 wera782

·
Registered
301 Posts
:bounce: Very nice day today for the meet and riding condition, abit hot but all good. My first time meeting everyone. I don't have a website to upload the pictures to but I believe one of the member here do so I'm going to shoot all the pics to him and let him post it up. I was infront of the guy that went down and heard something and looked in my review mirror and did not see behind. I'm glad he's ok...just a little shock. Had to leave after all the medics came to check him out and was my time to head back home to. Hey Vi if your reading this I'll be calling you soon (Jerry). Hope you got your fender fix. :-x

Can't wait for the next one.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts