Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, WTF. Riding was good till I dropped it today. I can't belive how it happened either. I was riding on the highway then got into local streets(40mph) red light came up so I slowed down. As I was going 1-2mph and coming to a dead stop i put my legs down and wouldnt you know it!!! my left leg(pants) were caught up by the foot peg and boom I went down with my bike. I felt so helpless, my other leg was already in the air and I couldnt get my left leg free to support the bike! Nothing too big happend to the bike. a few nick naks on the left fender. Only if the frame sliders that I ordered from nick came in and I would've had it on the bike and saved it from damages. what bad luck I have!!

BTW- My pants weren't baggy either. ****, 2nd day i cleaned up the bike before i went riding just to get it scared. argh!

L

·
0 Posts
if you have any sort of pants with a cuff the peg feelers will catch on it. might want to cut your peg feelers off.

·
Registered
624 Posts
PsyKotiC RydeR, you must be a good writer, cause I could totally picture that happening as you described it, and I'm sorry to say I laughed my ass off...but only cause I've been there too. Also...
well, if it makes you feel any better, i dropped the bike cus i thought i had the kick stand down... but didnt
, Keola...thats some funny ****. Ha! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
As I was going 1-2mph and coming to a dead stop i put my legs down and wouldnt you know it!!! my left leg(pants) were caught up by the foot peg and boom I went down with my bike.
Sorry to hear that dude. Almost happend to me once, i freed up my leg JUST in time! Since then I dont go out without my pants tucked inside my boots.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Neverest said:
PsyKotiC RydeR, you must be a good writer, cause I could totally picture that happening as you described it, and I'm sorry to say I laughed my ass off...but only cause I've been there too. Also...
well, if it makes you feel any better, i dropped the bike cus i thought i had the kick stand down... but didnt
, Keola...thats some funny s**t. Ha! :mrgreen:
i aim to amuse... :lol2: :cool:

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
mtc said:
As I was going 1-2mph and coming to a dead stop i put my legs down and wouldnt you know it!!! my left leg(pants) were caught up by the foot peg and boom I went down with my bike.
Sorry to hear that dude. Almost happend to me once, i freed up my leg JUST in time! Since then I dont go out without my pants tucked inside my boots.
+1 ALMOST went down too but freed myself just in time. Sorry to hear about your bike bro.... No worries, it's another funny story to tell over beers..

·
Registered
243 Posts
Tennis shoes, flip flops, wingtips...ect. don't cut it :!: BOOTS W/ the "correct" type of pants tucked in will eliminate any future problems of this type.........glad you're OK :mrgreen:

_______RED RR_______
Vinci carbon fiber exhaust
Galfer SS lines
Tomahawk-black
Motul E-Tech 100% synthetic
OEM seat cowl

"The BITTERNESS of poor quality remains long after the SWEETNESS of a cheap price is forgotten!"

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Keola said:
well, if it makes you feel any better, i dropped the bike cus i thought i had the kick stand down... but didnt :oops: :shock: ;-)
I almost took off yesterday with the kick stand down... Good thing for that safety feature, engine cut right off as soon as I threw her in gear. feeeww

Jason

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wont make any repairs to the bike. I should be getting the yoyo's from Nick this week and have them installed. I gotta go shop some less baggier pants now.:)

Keola-sorry to hear about your misfortune as well. I hope that NEVER EVER happens to me.

Ride safe to all.:)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Keola said:
well, if it makes you feel any better, i dropped the bike cus i thought i had the kick stand down... but didnt :oops: :shock: ;-)
Yeah had that happened the other day, sliders saved any damage :lol2: but I still bent my brake lever, no biggie though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Don't feel so bad it happens. I also have almost put it down because I thought the kickstand was down. The first 3000 miles on my bike, I didn't ding or drop it once, I don't know if it was overconfidence or what, but after I hit 3k I dropped it twice at less then 5mph within a week. What made me feel better is that a lot of times I hear of the first drop people have is at 40+, by thinking of it that way I don't feel so bad. To this day I am still more paranoid about dropping it in a tight u-turn then I am on a nice curvy road.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I hope there wasn't much traffic honking at you! At least you weren't doubled up when that happened!

·
Registered
301 Posts
yeah... my boot gets stuck inbetween the peg and the chain guard... it sucks... So now I try to put my feet out alittle early, so I have time to free myself brfore getting too slow!

N

·
0 Posts
Shoot, I dropped my bike the first day I got it.

Was kinda down but it's only a bike.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts