Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Anderson Powersports for their annual dyno shootout today so I could get a cheap dyno run. Since I had never had my bike on a dyno it was the perfect opportunity to see how the power delivery was. After they had ran the dyno for the last 4 hours my bike put down a solid 97.23hp. I was very happy considering the dyno was hot from running 50+ bikes on it already and the fact that my bike had never been on a dyno. The power curve was suprisingly smooth. Heres the chart:

My brother took first with his 06 R6 with about the same mods as my bike making 104.5hp.
My step-brother has an 06 GSXR 600 and made a very dissapointing 89.7 horsepower. His bike was tuned earlier this year at Flatout and "supposedly" made 106.9hp. At about 95-107mph his bike fell flat on its face and only produced like 60hp, but then climbed up to 89 at 115mph. During its drop off the bike was stumbling real bad. I'm going to take a look at his PC3 map to see if we can't smooth it out a bit to get him some hp back.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
sounds like their dyno reads a bit low. congrats tho. r6 with pipe + pc3 etc... is usually in the 110-115 range from what i hear, and you're probably closer to 103-105 realistically.

·
fast03600rr
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like their dyno reads a bit low. congrats tho. r6 with pipe + pc3 etc... is usually in the 110-115 range from what i hear, and you're probably closer to 103-105 realistically.
yea the dyno operater said it was probably a few hp low because they had been running the dyno non stop for the last 4 hours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts