Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just stationed in fort riley kansas.. cant complain cause its better than alaska. Just wondering if anyone is around there.. It gets kinda old seeing a road thats straight for.... uhm... ever? I haven't been on my bike in over a year and a half.. almost 2. So i finally got my baby fixed and now she has a -1/+2 a slip on a bazzaz and some other goodies and i gotta say im scared of the bike at this point. I can't get the speedohealer to work but im about 10mph off at this point.. Been battling kansas wind which is 20mph one way then in the next instant its going the other way. Anyway so today was my 2nd ride of the season just cruising about when i decide its time to head home i turn around and guess what.. of course i run out of fuel like half a mile from the gas station...fml. so i push start cruise push start cruise as much as i can while people on a busy intersection watch my push my bike to a gas station.. embarassing. Ah well.. just figured i'd share and since i haven't posted in a while. My wife has no interest in my motorcycle so shes no fun to talk to about it. Anyway fellas.. Yep. If your around lets ride.. just not at night i dont have headlights :( If you have a similiar story post it up! or if you know what to do with winds that switch directions every 2 seconds.. lemme know. its getting old feeling like a ragdoll. cheers :drunk:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Haha, i kinda know how you feel, i live in DE.. no hills, What so ever..and pretty much 2 main roads through the whole state..
we do have back roads tho..

my battery died on me last month in the middle of verizon's parking lot..
bumpstarting in full gear on flat land is VERY annoying.. plus Embarrassing as you mentioned lol, i got some good looks.. :retard:

·
Registered
870 Posts
hey guys just stationed in fort riley kansas.. cant complain cause its better than alaska. Just wondering if anyone is around there.. It gets kinda old seeing a road thats straight for.... uhm... ever? I haven't been on my bike in over a year and a half.. almost 2. So i finally got my baby fixed and now she has a -1/+2 a slip on a bazzaz and some other goodies and i gotta say im scared of the bike at this point. I can't get the speedohealer to work but im about 10mph off at this point.. Been battling kansas wind which is 20mph one way then in the next instant its going the other way. Anyway so today was my 2nd ride of the season just cruising about when i decide its time to head home i turn around and guess what.. of course i run out of fuel like half a mile from the gas station...fml. so i push start cruise push start cruise as much as i can while people on a busy intersection watch my push my bike to a gas station.. embarassing. Ah well.. just figured i'd share and since i haven't posted in a while. My wife has no interest in my motorcycle so shes no fun to talk to about it. Anyway fellas.. Yep. If your around lets ride.. just not at night i dont have headlights :( If you have a similiar story post it up! or if you know what to do with winds that switch directions every 2 seconds.. lemme know. its getting old feeling like a ragdoll. cheers :drunk:
Don't hate, you are in the best part of Kansas the Flint Hills.

Try Wichita, its flat.

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've been riding in Kansas for 8 years, 4 years in Manhattan.

You simply get used to the wind after awhile. Its surprising how far you can lean the bike over, due to a strong cross wind.

I've been bounced around from lane to lane not fun. If its too windy best to stay inside or close to town.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Check out Tuttle Creek Reservoir, or head south to Alma both good rides. When I was in college, Devils Kin was the main military bike club. I think they still run around out there, I am sure they can show you around.

You'll either like their style or not...

·
Registered
156 Posts
eh. i'm living in wichita also. nothing but straight, flat, windy roads. but i've been here all of my life so i'm used to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts