Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its nakano...elias will more than likely be with d'antin next year

Nakano's signing had been widely predicated, but was recently put in doubt by rumours that former motogp
star Max Biaggi may get the seat. Preliminary talks between Biaggi and Gresini were confirmed, but Biaggi returning to honda
- with whom he suffered a bitter split at the end of 2005 - was always a remote possibility. Biaggi, third in the 2007 World Superbike championship, is now linked with a satellite ducati
ride in WSBK

Meanwhile, Nakano has been forced to switch Honda teams to make way for the arrival of 250 title contender Andrea Dovizioso, whose Team Scot is expected to graduate with the Italian and merge with JiR. It is not yet known if title sponsor Konica Minolta will stay with JiR, move to Gresini with Nakano or withdraw from MotoGP.

"I'm happy to announce Shinya Nakano who, together with Alex de Angelis, will be the colour bearer of our team on a Honda RC212V with bridgestone
tyres," said team principal Fausto Gresini. "Shinya is a rider with a great potential, so far expressed only in part. We strongly believe in him as also Honda HRC and Bridgestone do. We have signed with the Japanese rider a one year contract with an option. We will start to prepare for the new season immediately after the Valencian GP in an important test session where our riders can start to get confidence with the Honda RC212V with Bridgestone tyres."

Advertisement [Go Advertisement Free]

Nakano, like fellow Michelin-shod satellite Honda rider Carlos Checa, has endured a tough 2007 season, with a best finish of just tenth.

"It's my pleasure to work with the Honda Gresini Team," said the former factory Kawasaki rider and 250GP title runner-up. "I know Fausto, he was a rider before becoming a team manager and he has worked very well with Honda HRC for many years. I will be pleased to learn something from the team and to work with my new team-mate Alex de Angelis. I believe we can have a good season together. I also look forward to work with Bridgestone tyres as well, I have good memories with them."

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
This is actually a good thing people. Nakano is VERY familiar with Bridgestones and really couldn't get adjusted to the Michelins this year. Also, all of the satellite Hondas will be getting the final 2007 iteration of the RC212V which was very competitive, whereas the Repsol team will get the 2008 version. No updates for the 2007 machine will be made for 2008.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts