Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from my 2nd track day in 2 months. I'm soo freaking tired and :sleep Anyone who's been there k nows how rough that track is. Other then one of my buddy low side on his
K6 1K, everything eles was :punk Here's a few pictures.
I think there were 30 turns..forgot what turn this was..

my buddies behind me

my buddie riding bit(h after the crash

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
Looking really good man. I'll be on my 6th this weekend (god I need to go to diff racetracks).

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was fun but it was also hot. Mid to upper 90s on that day. Condition of the track wasn't forgiving also. That's prolly why my buddy crashed.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Reno's a tough track. There's a zillion turns, and several sections look similar so it is easy to forget where you are and get disoriented. Most of the turns are off-camber and bumpy. The rest are blind.

It's probably my least favorite track. (But a bad day at the track still beats a good day at work.)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree. Way too many blind, bumpy corners. I dont think I'll ever hit that track again. It was a 6hr drive.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I agree. Way too many blind, bumpy corners. I dont think I'll ever hit that track again. It was a 6hr drive.
Yeah..even longer for us. We've got a boatload of other tracks to choose from that are all closer.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Local track for me(30 mins away) but haven't gone yet. No time this summer..............Looks like fun...........

·
Registered
397 Posts
Here's a video of me doing a lap.

This was 2 weeks after a crash and I was still dealing with confidence issues in the corners. (Not that I was all that fast in the first place.) It'll give you an idea for what the layout is like.

Towards the last 1/3 of the video, I come up behind a couple riding 2-up on an R6. That's Dave Moss of Catalyst Reaction Suspension Tuning (and Chaz Davies' suspension guy) out doing laps with this girlfriend on the back.

Video

This was about a 3:16 lap. I think the best I did that weekend was a 3:09 or something. The fast guys were in the 2:30's, so I was pretty damn slow.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Local track for me(30 mins away) but haven't gone yet. No time this summer..............Looks like fun...........
If I had a track 30 minutes away I'd be broke, living off of ramen noodles and tap water in order to pay for tires and gas. Hell, I'm six hours away and I'm just about doing that.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for that vid Bounce. Awesome quality. My buddy wiped out on T12.

I would go broke too if I had a track that was less then an hour away.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Nice vid, thanks for sharing................it would be fun to hit that up. I wish I had gotten a chance to take my old Type-R out there before I sold it but o'well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts