Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all my 07 600 RR pics can been seen here:
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=109405
Also an 08 R6 Black/Yellow an 05 600RR Black/Silver all got jacked out of our parking deck in the same night (last night). I have State Farm so have to see how it goes as I had alot of $$$$ in it aside from the kbb value. My buddy w/ the 05 also has state farm we have the same agent (also we both have title in hand) and the guy w/ the 08 had no insurance so he's really screwed atop the fact he has it financed.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
OUCH!!! That sucks Man.... I have state farm too and from what I understand they doo take cost of modifications into consideration... I have done alot of back and forth with my agent and he says they cover all modifications except engine mods (like nitrus, racing cam kits, turbos, etc...) the other thing my agent pointed out is that if it had something like nitrus the insurance is void.

Not 100% sure about all this though, because these conversations all took place ofer a year ago,, So don't bet your money on what I just said.. Plus I am in Canada so things myght be different up here in the great white north.. F***ing Canuks eh LOL

I feel for you though,,, especially the guy on the Yami 1. no insurance and financing 2. he was riding a Yami and not a honda

·
Registered
586 Posts
That's the reason most lending institutions require insurance; now the guy gets to keep paying on a bike he doesn't have.

Brilliant plan.

If you can't afford insurance, you can't afford the bike.

·
Registered
176 Posts
That's the reason most lending institutions require insurance; now the guy gets to keep paying on a bike he doesn't have.

Brilliant plan.

If you can't afford insurance, you can't afford the bike.
sometimes the insurance is not worth it, i.e if they want 3-4k a year for coverage ,after 2 years you bought yourself another bike

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well when you buy a bike from a dealer and finance w/ a "Honda card" or Yami card your basically putting the bike on a credit card so they could care less but I have no clue why that guy did not have insurance puzzles me.

How can you finance a bike without having insurance? That sucks. :[

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I spoke w/ the agent she told me to get as many recipets as I can and explain it to the underwritter when they call she said she thought they would cover what I paid extra to a % but not to quote her on it so I have to wait and see.

Does state farm know about your "investments" made on the bike?

K

·
0 Posts
for future referance, you need to tell your insurance people about the modifications you've made to the bike BEFORE it get's trashed/stolen (not to be confused with the cake).

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Damn bru that sucks. When I first saw the subject line on the thread I thought it was going in the 2 girls 1 cup arena till the last word "stolen". I have State Farm too, please keep us posted on what they end up doing. Good luck.

:gun1:Fvcking Douche Bag Thieves - hope your dicks fall off and you bleed to death..:icon_hang

·
Registered
502 Posts
I spoke w/ the agent she told me to get as many recipets as I can and explain it to the underwritter when they call she said she thought they would cover what I paid extra to a % but not to quote her on it so I have to wait and see.
I had my bike stolen about 6 months ago and I also had State Farm insurance. They do cover the extras but they have a formula they use that reduces the value based on how long ago you bought the part, so you won't get the full value but you'll get most of it back. They did not require that I have all of the receipts, they just told me to get as many as I could. I got paid for the items that I did not have receipts for but I came up with about half of them so maybe it made it more believable, I guess.

With the payout from the insurance I was able to buy the same bike new but to replace all of my mods, I had to pay for them myself. I hope you fare better than I did.

·
Registered
224 Posts
for future referance, you need to tell your insurance people about the modifications you've made to the bike BEFORE it get's trashed/stolen (not to be confused with the cake).

Thanks for the tip KS. I will make note of this when I make modifications.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This is good to know I have gathered most of the receiepts up to about $2000 so I hope I can get some of that back.

I had my bike stolen about 6 months ago and I also had State Farm insurance. They do cover the extras but they have a formula they use that reduces the value based on how long ago you bought the part, so you won't get the full value but you'll get most of it back. They did not require that I have all of the receipts, they just told me to get as many as I could. I got paid for the items that I did not have receipts for but I came up with about half of them so maybe it made it more believable, I guess.

With the payout from the insurance I was able to buy the same bike new but to replace all of my mods, I had to pay for them myself. I hope you fare better than I did.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts