Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want peoples opioion on a 3 day UPS order from Indiana. Order was made @ 10:41 pst Tues 4/6/05 , e mail sent to me it was shipped @8:02 am pst. I get the tracking notice and UPS says arrival will be 4/11/05, so I was thinking 3 days would be Fri. I emailed the distributor and they said quote "that could just be an error on ups site give until the afternoon and the
delivery date should change to the correct one "

Order did not get here until Mon 4/11/05. The extra money is one thing but I really wanted these to have to ride for the weekend and what makes me mad now is I get no assistance from where I made my purchase and paid them for my shipping. Am I right or wrong here? I'm not trying to nickle them to death but I feel I should get the service I paid for?

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I paid them to ship it and so you think if I call UPS will they pay me back the difference?

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
You order on tuesday, shop gets it out on the first morning shipment on Wednesday.

For the most part, that is pretty good service on the shop side. Unless they promised to ship it out the same day, you've got no right to blame them. The UPS truck comes by at a certain time each day, and apparently the UPS truck comes in the AM for this shop.

As far as UPS not delivering till Monday...if UPS gets it Wednesday Morning, then Thursday would be next day, Friday would be 2 day, and then Monday would be 3 day. Weekends don't count as business days--never have, never will.

So yeah, I hoped you didn't harass the shop.

Besides, you got a tracking number, and it looks like it got there on time as far as UPS is concerned. They won't refund you the difference. They'll tell you that if you wanted it there sooner, you should have paid the 400% difference for next day air. As far as they're concerned, they fulfilled their end of the service agreement.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I don't know about 3-day, but UPS 2nd-day (blue label) was never guaranteed delivery. If you wanted it FOR SURE, you had to pay the bucks for next day air (RED label).

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What pisses me off is that the package was sitting the terminal in West Sac since Thursday night. The $15 more for the shipping is not the main complaint , I feel I should'nt have to deal with the shipper , the company that shipped it should? Oh well I guess I should have paid a few bucks more and bought it locally.

·
eh-TEE-OH-clez
1,960 Posts
hundo24 said:
What pisses me off is that the package was sitting the terminal in West Sac since Thursday night. The $15 more for the shipping is not the main complaint , I feel I should'nt have to deal with the shipper , the company that shipped it should? Oh well I guess I should have paid a few bucks more and bought it locally.
Actually, no.

Once the package is shipped, the store you bought it from has no more responsibility.

The moment that package leaves the shop, it's no longer their property. They really have no legal claim to raise issue with the shipper. You've paid for it, it's yours. You deal with the shipper. Leave the shop alone.

But, let me reiterate....NOTHING WENT WRONG. The package got there when it SHOULD have gotten there.

If you wanted it there sooner, you should have A) Bought it locally. B) Bought it earlier or C) Paid for faster shipping.

Just take it as a lesson learned that weekends don't count in shipping times.

·
I've Got A Fever
1,478 Posts
Here's my thoughts: UPS sucks. Sure they have a nice tracking system, but they are generally slow. I prefer USPS Priority Mail and Fedex, gotta love that Saturday delivery. :yawinkle:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its all good ........ just frustrating I prefer Fed x . Just will make sure I order sooner next time. :)

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
i have all kinds of good results with DHL. Great tracking and great customer service. Shipped me my wheels from LA in like 4 days! DHL or USPS are what I use. I stay away from the poop color but I will admit when I see brown pull into the drive way I get the same excitement as any other company. Waiting on an exhaust now, just cant wait to see the truck!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I hope it wasnt us....

my take is that if I pay UPS for 3day thats all I can do..the rest is in there hands.
we have
3 day select
2day air
2day air early am
Next day
next day early am

All we can do is select one of those and hope that ups does its job.

We are shipping an average of 70 packages aday and UPS still kicks ass.

We get more packages from fedex that are damaged than we do with UPS even though we ship more thru UPS.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I did some research you ordered it on wednesday at 1:30 pm it was shipped out that after noon 4pm(we keep about 40 sets of vortex instock) if you wanted it on friday you would of had to have 2 day...you paid for three day and thats what you got.

thursday, friday, monday......

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Well look on the bright side you did get your package they couldn't lost it. So you had to wait a few more days.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
[email protected], I agree! th, fri, mon is 3 day bc sat and sun they are off. next time order on a monday, tuesday. Glad you got the package tho, over the years I have not received a few packages!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jason Its over i'm not mad at you guys but for the record I ordered them Tue @ 10:41 pm , not Wed

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just to let everyone know There response time and customer service has been great, nothing is perfect especially when we have to deal with a 3rd party

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
10:41 pm is considered wednesday in business terms lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts