Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just replaced the (dead) fuel pump on my 03 with one off Ebay but now she just won't start. Replacement fuel pump is priming and she sometimes fires but cuts straight out again. Hoses etc aren't kinked.

Does the position of the white "arm" (outlined in yellow in below image) that connects to the outflow from the fuel pump regulator matter? I left mine sticking out as it made more sense as the hose lined up with the bottom metal clip.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Gas Rim

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've just replaced the (dead) fuel pump on my 03 with one off Ebay but now she just won't start. Replacement fuel pump is priming and she sometimes fires but cuts straight out again. Hoses etc aren't kinked.

Does the position of the white "arm" (outlined in yellow in below image) that connects to the outflow from the fuel pump regulator matter? I left mine sticking out as it made more sense as the hose lined up with the bottom metal clip.

View attachment 226170
Looks ok to me. Make sure the hose is in good condition (no splits) and the clips are tight. Remember this line is very high pressure and any leaks will result in not enough pressure at the injectors. Also this hose is a special type ie: submerged, so you can't use ordinary fuel hose.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. It's the old hose and bar the old fuel pump being dead, everything in the tank seemed in excellent condition with no corrosion etc. Outflow from the bottom of that hose doesn't actually connect to anything though? I'm guessing it's for some sort of overflow/overpressure scenario. I took hose out between the tank and the injectors (where it connects to the metal thing on the LHS) and cranked the bike and there's certainly gogo juice getting through. I'll measure the flow next time but I'm guessing there's certainly enough fuel to start the bike. Guess next step is back to basics and checking spark. Really odd though as the bike ran sweet before the fuel pump died.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts