Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's right. March 9th- 0 MPH tip, in the shop on March 10th, they ordered the part and no sight of it anytime soon! I'm calling American Honda on Monday and squawking about this one. I was told by the dealer that there wasn't one in the US at all (an '04 black upper fairing) and that they were being manufactured in Japan... But I'm starting to wonder!~

Anybody with any insight feel free to comment ~ thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Man i feel ya. Ordered the jardine race baffle over a month and a half ago and still no sign of it. Had my vendor talk to them a couple times and they keep saying yeah it will be sent out at the beginning of the week but still no sign. The only good thing is last time i heard they were throwing in a free fendor elimenator but still have no idea when ill actually get it. Its like being dangled on a string and out 300 bucks, but im sure it will be all worth it as soon as mr ups pulls up.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Haha, I dunno about being worth it...a month and a half is a long time, you should just cancel your orders and go through some one else...Ron Ayers, Bell's Honda, or MRI...I'm sick of dealing with my shop, they keep f'cking with me...I just ordered a pair of visor covers from my shop, and they got 'em, but they were the wrong year and don't fit...stupid kids, I told him a 2002 Arai Quantium...but oh well, I'm just done ordering from people not from this site, so far we've ordered through Nick at MRI and Bells Honda and it's been A+

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wrecked my 2004 Black RR and it was in the shop 2 months. It took alot of calling the shop every other day to get it taken care of in that time frame. They originally tried to tell me the parts that were needed weren't going to be available until October.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gesus I didn't know about Ron Ayers... Now I do. F#$K my dealer. This sucks I'm so pissed off at those guys.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
That sucks for me if its true. I'm having my right, left side and upper replaced UNDER WARRANTY but want it fixed sooner than a few months! Will have to call dealer...

hope you get yours soon.

·
Registered
541 Posts
pantablo said:
That sucks for me if its true. I'm having my right, left side and upper replaced UNDER WARRANTY but want it fixed sooner than a few months! Will have to call dealer...

hope you get yours soon.
im getting my upper replaced under warrenty also, i got 2 stress cracks.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
YellowRR said:
im getting my upper replaced under warrenty also, i got 2 stress cracks.
Mine's just scratches from the dealers shipper. It was the last red one and I was jonsin to take a bike home THAT DAY. So they're replacing 4 panels of fairings from scuffing and scratches. Little ones but each of 4 panels have them. Hardly noticable but I wont accept a new bike like that.

I talked to the dealer today and they have all the parts in and are ready to do the work...whew!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Called American Honda in Torrance today and griped a little. She was nice, said she'd check into it and I'll find out more tomarrow. In the mean time I'm calling Ron Ayers in the morning and asking if they've got what I need and providing they do, I'm cancelling my order with my CRAPPY dealer (which called and said early summer now) and going through them. From the talk here sounds like they're good folks (besides Bell's Honda, MRI- thanks Nick!, and Herb's) to go through anyway. I hate dealers that get as BIG as the one I bought mine through.. Oh well.

·
Registered
111 Posts
should have called bell's honda, ordered one on a monday had in on thursday....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ron Ayers may be a little faster, but not much I ordered my yellow upper cowl and it's on back order until 6/6/04.....uppers must be really hot this time of year.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, spoke to American Honda and Ron Ayers. Ron Ayers says they have to order it and staying with my dealer is prolly better since I ordered it through them so long ago~ Better place in the ordering line, etc... American Honda says that there are 25 black '04 RR upper cowls on a container ship crossing the pond as we speak, and will be available in Torrance for shipment on 6/4.

Piece out.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
RavenRR said:
Okay, spoke to American Honda and Ron Ayers. Ron Ayers says they have to order it and staying with my dealer is prolly better since I ordered it through them so long ago~ Better place in the ordering line, etc... American Honda says that there are 25 black '04 RR upper cowls on a container ship crossing the pond as we speak, and will be available in Torrance for shipment on 6/4.

Piece out.
But the difference is, if you had ordered from Ron Ayers 3 months ago, you wouldn't be writing this thread! :razz:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay you win.

Had I known then what I know now (the winning lotto numbers), I'd be a millionaire pimp on a pleasure yacht out crusing right past that container ship, and you're right, I wouldn't be writing this thread. :lol2: Just didn't know about Ron Ayers back then, cuz I'm a newbie.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts