Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i bought a 03rr that was wrecked.. the guy told me he laid it at 10mph. this is my first bike. the guy before me replaced all the fairings on it so it didnt look like it had been wrecked and nothing wrong with it. anyway my headlights where plastic welded together and zip tied, as well as, the speedo. after i took the upper cal and the headlights off. i get to the air ducts, want to leave them off so they do not blow off while im riding. on the left air duct there was 3 relay boxes, i disconnected them to take off the airduct. here is my question do those need to stay connected? or can i leave them disconnected and my bike run fine? my friend told me that you could leave them disconnected, and there not needed.. but i am not sure.. I need help.. What do i do?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
The relays are there for a reason Honda would have not put them there
if they were useless

K

·
0 Posts
okay i bought a 03rr that was wrecked.. the guy told me he laid it at 10mph. this is my first bike. the guy before me replaced all the fairings on it so it didnt look like it had been wrecked and nothing wrong with it. anyway my headlights where plastic welded together and zip tied, as well as, the speedo. after i took the upper cal and the headlights off. i get to the air ducts, want to leave them off so they do not blow off while im riding. on the left air duct there was 3 relay boxes, i disconnected them to take off the airduct. here is my question do those need to stay connected? or can i leave them disconnected and my bike run fine? my friend told me that you could leave them disconnected, and there not needed.. but i am not sure.. I need help.. What do i do?
your friend is a numbskull. I wonder what other bits of knowledge he's got ready for you...

One is a Fuel Cutoff Relay
One is a Engine shut down Relay
One is a Fan Control Relay

All are absolutely necessary to run the engine.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
I just posted the same image for another member relays part # 9

Like K.S suggested if you got a question what ever you do do not ask your buddy
drop by and ask the question we promise to get you the answers

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys i knew they where there for a reason. Another question, is it okay to keep the air ducts off? If so do you have any ideas on how to hide and secure the wires? i am going to put a streetfigher light on for now, till i can save up for a new headlight and new fairings.

K

·
0 Posts
your A:F will be a little askew at speed, but it'll be ok for a little while. wouldn't want too much build-up to occur on valves and what not. as far as the relays... zip tie them to something. the don't need to be vertical or any which way. but they can be fragile so take precautions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just want to say thanks for the replies guys to my questions :) i have an idea do you guys think this would work or be okay.. if i buy a car sponge, cut it to fit the oval hole in the frame where it leads to the air box to keep some of the dirt out, or would the restrict airflow to the engine?

K

·
0 Posts
it wouldn't accomplish anything the air filter wouldn't take care of. i say leave it well enough alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts