Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In 13 months actually. Purchased November 05.

5 or 6 hundred work commute each week. Couple hundred on the weekends.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't see too much gee. Caught some of day 4 with a few cans in the hand. There was a good buzz around the office for the whole game though which is always good. Think if Hayden and Gilchrist don't produce some runs this series then it's about time they moved on. And Brett Lee - don't rate him at all.

Good to have cricket on telly on the weekends now. Leave it on and take it easy with a few cold ones all day. Nice.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
damn that's a lot of miles Buck for an 05! 30k already? u must really love riding ur RR. i don't blame you tho. i try to keep my miles low on my RR and just drive my car on the long trips. i drive a 94 toyota celica with 200k miles!! hehehe. but the bike is my fun toy so its always pampered. only 1500 miles on my 06RR. but i have doubt that ur RR can go a lot more with proper maintenance. ride safe!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Remember these are kilometres, not miles. 30,000km ~ 19,000 miles.

But yeah, a lot of miles for one year but a bike should do 100,000 miles and beyond if maintained properly. I change oil every 4,000km (2,500 miles), have it dealer serviced every 12,000km (7,500) miles to check all is in order (throttle bodies, valve lash etc) and keep the simple things in check - chain tension, lubes and fluids, cable and control adjustments etc. Just as important I feel is keeping her clean because it gives me an opportunity to check her over each week.

Only things I've replaced so far besides perishables are chain and sprockets at 25,000km. Even the original brake pads still have plenty of meat left on them.

These RRs are damn good bikes, in fact all the Jap bikes are good bikes in my view. I hit 200kph almost every day on this thing (yes, I know) and it just wants to pull harder every time. :)

Speaking of such, I was having a bit of a go with a bloke in a Mazda 3 SP something-or-other yesterday. Those things ******* fly!

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
sorry Bucky, i totally didn't pay attention to the "km". my mistake. we're so used to miles here in US. i calculated ur average daily mileage and i'm about the same: around 750 miles per month because i have 1500m so far and had my RR for 2 months.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
way to be! i use my '03 as a daily commute. bout it like the 15 of july with about 7-8K on it and it now reads almost 13K. my first bike. = love

1 - 13 of 13 Posts