Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin just bought a '04 GSX-R for his first bike and kissed a stop sign today... Ahhhhh... What to say...

Jason :cry: :cry: :cry:

ps. He's ok, just a little bruised ego & physically. :(

Bring on the MSF... Two weeks for both of us.

Thanks to everyone that posted.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cbrkid11 said:
that sucks...

how the heck did he hit a stop sign??

i like the color combos of that black and orange.. real sharp.. but i still like my red/black RR better
Pulled out from a stop sign and turned wide, hit the stop sign acrossed from him at a angle, went down in the grass.

Saw the whole thing in front of me. :(

Jason

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dynamos2000 said:
...MSF class? Age?

p.s. glad he is ok
28th of May MSF.

21-22, I forget.

Jason

·
Registered
353 Posts
Wow, well I'm glad he is ok. I'd be scared to get a 600 for a first bike. I know many here have done it and can probably outride me, blah blah blah, but 100+ hp for a first bike is alot in my opinion.

·
Registered
525 Posts
paint scheme us amazing.. i really like it.... to bad he had to mess it up so early.... glad to hear hes ok and that the damage doesnt look too bad..... but if i was him i would just ride it like that for at least 1000-2000 miles before i would even consider fixing it just so he gets a lil experience in and doesnt waste money if something else were to happen.

·
Registered
20 Posts
second the msf would've prevented this, but disagree about the 600 being too much bike because he would've hit the sign with any bike with an engine. just pure inexperience.

left turns at an intersection from a full stop does need a little getting use to. remind your cousin to take it slow, fix his eyes on where he wants to go, and "press". In other words, lean more and turn head.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
dynamos2000 said:
Wow, well I'm glad he is ok. I'd be scared to get a 600 for a first bike. I know many here have done it and can probably outride me, blah blah blah, but 100+ hp for a first bike is alot in my opinion.
I`m with you on this. A 100hp first bike can be intimidating. Heck, when your new to riding any bike can be intimidating. Not a good first bike IMO.

You may want to talk to him about countersteering if you haven`t already.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Oh man, that sucks!! My brother loves that color scheme... I'm sure he'd cringe just looking at your pictures. Show your cousin how to counter-steer and to look through the turns.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I agree that the MSF would have been the best move, this was total lack of not knowing what to do. The second time I was on my RR I did somewhat the same but was lucky to pull out of it. With me it was the same deal, getting stuck doing something wrong and then not handling it correctly... I was just one of the lucky ones but the good thing about it was I learned from it. I hate to say it but my cousin is learning, THE HARD WAY. :(

He already called his insurance company which he has full coverage on the bike. I told him to hang in there and take the MSF, if he fails it, sell the bike, otherwise I'd say try it again with what he will take away from the MSF. Personaly I can't wait to go as I know I will be gaining a lot as well. :bounce:

Jason

H

·
0 Posts
yeah i would say take the course and then ride for a bit before getting the rash fixed...no sense in fixing it and then damaging it again....i am glad to here that this was not worse

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.