Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know bikes run at higher RPM when its cold out but is 3500 normal? I dont remember my old 06 running so high and my 08 ZX6r only runs at 1900 untill it warms up. I tried to adjust the RPM with screw but it has no effect untill the bike warms up and the throttle drops. Outside temp has been around 40*
From start it sticks at 3500, once the temp appears on the cluster it starts to slowly drop untill the bike reaches around 114* then the rpms level out and I can adjust it.

Only thing I can think is the battery was junk when we got the bike and without the tender on I had to pop start the bike. I just put the new battery in yesterday, maybe its relearning its mapping?

Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sounds normal. When its cold out the rpm's will jump up to 3000-3500 at first start after warming should be 1500 + or - 100 If im correct.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did use the search function before I made the post but the few post I read no one reported idle's in the 3500 range so I made a new post. It was a 2 fold question becuase the battery had been replaced and I was not sure if it was a bigger issue or possibly the computer re-learning idle. I guess I should of mention that in my topic post.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Mine starts cold in 40F - 50F below 2000 RPM. Anything above is high and is not normal. How long is it in the 3K RPM before it drops?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Isn't there a valve that gets gunked up and effects the idle? The name escapes me. But mine ildes at 1900rpm when cold and I'm sure it used to be lower so I asked a mechanic mate and he mentioned the valve that could need cleaning.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
Mass airflow sensor? You're the second or third person having this type of problem and I wanna figure out what this is in case it happens to me...now I almost think it being from air filter oil but haven't asked anyone if they had done that before this started.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Mine will idle at 3-3.5k after not starting it for a long time. Doesn't always do it but sometimes does. 05 model. Not worried.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts