Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

What's your opinion?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife's driving me nuts. First I'm going to buy my an 08 CBR600 from my brother-in-law a few weeks back. She blows up on me saying it's not safe, you have a truck payment, I said no blah blah blah. To give you an idea it she was ready to divorce me if I bought the bike. So I back down and I'm pissed. I finally get her to agree to let me buy the bike in march when we get a new place but I also have to sell my truck and get a more economical car. I'm fine with that anyway so I said ok. I sold the truck for what was left on the loan and bought a Toyota Avalon. It had great features but I hated it. Guess I'm a truck or sports car guy only. So I talk to the wife and say I want the 350z. she said okay but I have to give up on the bike for a few years. I thought about it for awhile and said f it I'll get the 350z. That same day we get into another huge fight and now she says she'd rather I buy the bike and car now and get rid of the 350z. Once agian if I keep the car she's gonna divorce me. That said I'm gonna lose 4-5 thousand on negative equity cause I just bought the car. So heres where I need help. Keep the 350z and if she wants a divorce so be it or take the hit and get a Civic AND a CBR? I'm not trying to bash my wife. I know I'm not perfect by any means but damn this is rediculous.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems to me like she is worried you will have too much fun.
Maybe but I think she's worried that other chicks would be more attracted. I've never givin her a reason not to trust me but she's the type that flips out if I'm talking to another girl that she doesn't know.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Well this kinda sux doesn it :p sounds like you def need to figure some things out? have to figure whats more important your spouse or material things (bikes, cars) the thing is most of us married guys lol are fortunate to be able to keep the bikes we love, esp if you have kids in the mix, i have 2 :p i wish you luck man whatever you decide, I can tell you one thing; i wouldnt be with my wife if she were the type to say "oh bikes are too dangerous or we're having a baby you HAVE to sell that bike!" that being said i voted get the cheaper car and CBR ;) looks like you could ride all year long which to me is an easy decision

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sounds like you need to trade the wife in and do whatever the hell you want. Seriously though, any choice you make sounds like it can still be the wrong one at any time she decides. Is she concerned about safety, money, or you just having fun?

·
Registered
34 Posts
There's clearly a lot more going on here than an argument over bikes and cars.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I'm sure you work hard for your money so get what you want. Life's too short. I'm not saying live beyond your means but if you can do it then go for it. I got both. Just make sure you get an HR 350z (2007 2008) if you go that route

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
So how hot is the wife?

Lol j/k. no offense but any woman that threatens to "divorce" you for your own decisions does not love you enough. i dunno if she's just kidding or not, or trying to use the divorce reason to scare you and win these arguements.

Like they say "happy wife happy life". I never understood the statement (luckily i'm single so I can do whatever I want). Why the heck does the wife decide everything? As men we should be able to make a decision w/o having to always consent with the wifey. Sorry if this is a rant but maybe you need to man up and show her who's boss. If she leaves you then you know where she really stands. I would hope I never have to marry a woman who would make me decide between her and my passions, or else I wont marry her!

In short my vote goes to getting a cheaper car and the bike. I tend to always try and make relationships work. Everything else is material and superficial. Good luck mate.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm sure you work hard for your money so get what you want. Life's too short. I'm not saying live beyond your means but if you can do it then go for it. I got both. Just make sure you get an HR 350z (2007 2008) if you go that route

How can I tell if I have the HR? I compared features and I think I have the Touring addition.

·
Registered
30 Posts
you have to look at the $ comming in. then look at the $ going out. If ou are spending more than 1/3 of your income per month, age 22-25 no school, 28+ with loans, then you need to get some noodles. If you are under 1/3 income per month keep your sh**t. If you want to keep your wife happy..

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
you have to look at the $ comming in. then look at the $ going out. If ou are spending more than 1/3 of your income per month, age 22-25 no school, 28+ with loans, then you need to get some noodles. If you are under 1/3 income per month keep your sh**t. If you want to keep your wife happy..

The 350z is what I have now. The car payment is only 17% of my net income. The little civic and cbr if I go that route will put me at about 22%.

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
dump the car ...get some civic humbleness. sound like you have a lot of time and attention tied up in the car scene....which is really NOT high performance.

keep the wifey....they settle down if you are a steady man.

threaten her with a baby...

start working tons of OT (if you are an hrly.)

Providers have a lot of say in a relationship....

just keep your cool.

water bends around the stone....and eventually the stone is worn away...

ps...have the same high drama enviro at my house...1 daughter and a wife////

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What happens if you get rid of the bike, then a few months down the road you discover your wife has been cheating on you? Then you're wifeless and bikeless. You can trust the bike to not cheat on you :)
Exactly whats making my head spin. Not so much the cheating but if I just give up on this relationship I want to at least have the 350z or the bike to keep my head up. If I lost it all I don't know what I'd do cause I've busted my ass to go from homeless sleeping in a saturn to a nice car and a place.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
dump the car ...get some civic humbleness. sound like you have a lot of time and attention tied up in the car scene....which is really NOT high performance.

keep the wifey....they settle down if you are a steady man.

threaten her with a baby...

start working tons of OT (if you are an hrly.)

Providers have a lot of say in a relationship....

just keep your cool.

water bends around the stone....and eventually the stone is worn away...

ps...have the same high drama enviro at my house...1 daughter and a wife////

Thanks but the child threat won't work. She wants one now but I want to wait a couple years. I'm only 25 and I still want to have a little fun. I know the 350z is not the greatest but it has some balls and its fun. I like it for me not for anyone else but point taken. the little civic will be bearable with a nice cbr to add that bit of sexiness to the mix.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts