• 55W

Votes: 19 54.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I read about that somewhere regarding the color difference.

Just wondering, why do you run 6k lo and 3k hi?

·
Registered
931 Posts
55w here.

10 char

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
Get the 35W here is why just ask Xenon expert

55W means your bulbs will also run hotter in a small housing which is not recommend and since a 55W kit is a 55W ballasts overdriving 35W HID bulbs you can expect a shorter lifespan on the bulbs as well.

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
i personally run 55W ddm, and again its fine!!! your getting this form an actually rider who had experience with it not no lab person trying to sell their products. but then again u cant go wrong with either, hands down its better than stock lighting anyways.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I run 35w in my bike, and 55w in my car.

Ive heard of some issues with 55w burning in our little housings, so there is that to keep in mind.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have the 55W HID's. I have not had any issues yet. Personally I like them because I am easier to be seen with them. You will have to switch to low beam when cars are passing by at night though.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
I have the 55W HID's. I have not had any issues yet. Personally I like them because I am easier to be seen with them. You will have to switch to low beam when cars are passing by at night though.
Re align the beam and the high beam and u ca ride with both on at all times

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts

OR just let both them be on. HAHA naw that'll be a d!ick move.. ahem but who am i to say when i do that .lol:bootyshak

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I run 35w in my bike, and 55w in my car.

Ive heard of some issues with 55w burning in our little housings, so there is that to keep in mind.
There was a post or two about that being a possibility but I've never heard of it happening to anyone yet. Thoughts?

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
There was a post or two about that being a possibility but I've never heard of it happening to anyone yet. Thoughts?
over 13k + miles on my 05 with 55watts and its good

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
I've bought more than 4 kits and all have been 35W. There's no need to waste energy and blind people with 55W. If I want anything brighter, I would rather buy OEM kit from the cars.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPod touch app

·
Registered
502 Posts
If you're getting aftermarket bulbs PERIOD, you need to adjust the beams downward. I have 55W DDM's and I immediately noticed people flashing their lights at me when I had my high beams on. You don't want to piss off cagers/distract them with a blinding light. Plus cops love writing tickets so don't give them another reason to.

Regarding the burning of the bulbs, no. HID bulbs run cooler than typical bulbs. However, they are typically not UV cut, which causes this: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=227529&highlight=HID+kit+melting

55W will wash out color instead of adjusting the scale. You'll have to go higher in Kelvins to get the same color you'd get at 35W, but even then it won't be the same.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Regarding the burning of the bulbs, no. HID bulbs run cooler than typical bulbs. However, they are typically not UV cut, which causes this: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=227529&highlight=HID+kit+melting

55W will wash out color instead of adjusting the scale. You'll have to go higher in Kelvins to get the same color you'd get at 35W, but even then it won't be the same.
:+1: i have 55w 8K which looks sim to 35w 6K. Re the "cloudy" lense, you will get this w 35 or 55 doesnt matter, i just wish i knew about the uv cut bulbs when i bought my kit 2yrs ago. For now ill have to simply live w it, only options are A replace lense, or B attempt to "clean" it which isnt easy from what ive read.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts