Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here in Calgary they lay down gravel in before the cold/snowy winter months come. There are a sh!t ton of trucks, SUV's, large vehicles, etc. So when the gravel's out I my front fairings take a beating.

Has anyone tried putting 3M on their bike to avoid getting dinged with gravel?

Thanks
AO

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
are you talking about 3M's clear vehicle shield? I havenever used iton my bike but its on my car and it works great, just a couple days ago I saw a complete front kit for front fender and everything up front... sorry I cant remember the site but do a little looking on google and you will find it

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yes. Within a 2 weeks of buying my 09 i caught a chip on fairing right side, since I work in auto industry had a vendor cut me 2 strips to run down front of fairings no chips since. I just have strips from below blinkers down to bottom about inch and a half wide. (CLEAR strips)

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Try some clear plasti dip!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Just last week I bought a few cans for the front end and hood of my car, but haven't had the chance to use it yet. It's too bad they don't just throw sand down for winter. Our vehicles sure do take a beating.

OP, Sorry I can't help much with your question regarding 3m shield. I'd be interested to find out if a company makes a precut kit for our bikes, for simplicity.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
For future refernce, 3M is a company. They make a shitload of products which arent necessarily available in every country. So please specify what you are talking about so others can help and benefit. Good luck with your problem.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just last week I bought a few cans for the front end and hood of my car, but haven't had the chance to use it yet. It's too bad they don't just throw sand down for winter. Our vehicles sure do take a beating.

OP, Sorry I can't help much with your question regarding 3m shield. I'd be interested to find out if a company makes a precut kit for our bikes, for simplicity.
Ya dude, my bike took a beating last spring (before they swept up all the roads). Have you used the clear plasti-dip yet? how'd it go?

Vinyl might be an easier, cheaper option tho.

Thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts