Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. as some of u know I bought the 3rd Light in Blue LED from tripage and well I'm wondering if it's illegal to have blue leds? was talking to a buddy and he said I might wanna find out. thanks

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
forgot to ask those who have the MTEC H7 bulbs with the T10 3rd light buld if they're having trouble with their T10. I've gone thru 2 already. They keep ******* up...any suggestions? is this going to happen with my tripage led's?

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
usually i believe any red/blue lights up front are illegal because they are reserved for emergency vehicles...but im not positive about the third running light

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
my third running light has been red for a long time no issues yet
knock on wood

·
Registered
526 Posts
I also had trouble with the T10 light I thought it was from doin wheelies. I bought a 6 led cluster T10 and had trouble keepin it goin, now I just installed Tripages third eye, I'm sure it will last, I hope so cause I had to dremel out the housing. Tristan said you didn't have to dremel it out but I tried forever and couldn't get it to fit without doin some dremel'n.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
I like that :icon_salu

Toobs said:
i've had 2 of those 3rd eye lights go out... right now there is no light in it..

I was thinking about this- what do you think?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I've never had a problem with my 3rd light. MTEC from DongTran as well as headlights. Kind of a thread jack sorry. Cops might give you a hard time with the blue LEDs. Mind you they don't flash or anything so maybe not.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i like the whole making the 3rd disappear

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
+1 on the emergency vehicles only. Here in CO only emergency vehicles can have red AND blue lights in the same plane. That being said, I have the red third eye installed and have not been hassled. Knock on wood. Even talked to a moto cop as he was waiting for someone he was pulling over to turn the corner.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I like the look without the light. Looks nice. Mine matches my headlights pretty good.

·
Registered
228 Posts
fasteddie said:
hey guys. as some of u know I bought the 3rd Light in Blue LED from tripage and well I'm wondering if it's illegal to have blue leds? was talking to a buddy and he said I might wanna find out. thanks
(b) Red or blue light visible from front.- Except as required or permitted in § 22-218 of this subtitle or in the rules governing the operation of emergency vehicles and school vehicles, a person may not drive or move any vehicle or equipment on any highway with any lamp or device on it that displays a red or blue light visible from directly in front of its center.

Straight outta Maryland code section... so I guess your answer is... Yes, it is illegal.

·
Registered
264 Posts
CBR/LS1 said:
I like the look without the light. Looks nice. Mine matches my headlights pretty good.
What is your 3rd light? Where did you get it?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm running a yellow 3rd running light that I got off of eBay. I can't remember the guys name but it's worked fine for months.

That 3rd light is pretty small. I see tuner cars all around the 'Lou with little blue LED lights on their cars... seems like if the lights are small enough the PoPo don't seem to notice/mind.

·
Registered
103 Posts
how hard is it to take off the front fairing to get these installed?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts