Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a month or so ago I took my bike in to get fixed at a shop, just got a new sprocket set on. When i got it back the 3rd eye/light didnt turn on. I called the shop and they said they never touched it. I put this off until now.

I took the front fairing off and realized the light was still hooked up! I tested a spare light on the connection and it didnt turn on either!

what would cause this?? I checked the wires and nothing looked shorted or baked anywhere, nothing looked loose.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
If your turn signals still work your fuse is ok, that only leaves wiring issues.

Are you sure that your second bulb is ok?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Get a meter and check the wires to see the power/ground.. Meter doesn't lie. Think everyone on a bike should have one. Can save you from a huge headache. T

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Get a meter and check the wires to see the power/ground.. Meter doesn't lie. Think everyone on a bike should have one. Can save you from a huge headache. T

:+1:

I have 3!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I guess I need to go get a meter.. I hope it really isnt the wiring. Ripping that harness out there to rewire the light is gonna be a nightmare lol

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
the wiring is alot easier then you would think, i had to redo alot of wires on my bike because i went fighter style with the bike and it really isn't to bad, just take everything off that you need to and take your time!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
That's bad when you have more than one isn't nico???
Have a pencil a decent one and one that only comes out on special occasions..

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
That's bad when you have more than one isn't nico???
Have a pencil a decent one and one that only comes out on special occasions..
One of them is the one I made as an apprentice, the other is an el cheapo $40 job and the third is my baby - fluke - around $600 worth.

Tradesmen need quality tools... makes the job so much easier

1 - 10 of 10 Posts