Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright brothers/sisters, I was finally able to put up some footage from my most recent track day excursion! This is the first track I went to where you did not need to tape up your lights (rear or head). It tested me a lot...as I was not accustom to flashing brake lights! I just added a 6 min segment of the night. It is when I raced this dude on a R1. Any pointers are welcomed! :shakehand

Best part is at 4:09 when I almost high sided!!!! :retard:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like a fun little track to screw around on. are those tar snakes though on the track?
Apparently it is what they call a "2nd gear track"....and yes...tons of tar snakes!!! I'm guessing you've had your fair share of them? :banghead:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool seeing a night track vid, didnt really like the music, looks fun
I was thinking of putting it up here w/out the music....as the engine sounds beautiful enough....so I hear your point! :shakehand

Also...it was my first night track day! It was amazing not getting as hot as I usually do! :+1:

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that guy riding in jeans?

lol...yeap! It was a really relaxed track day where they let people come in whatever they were wearing! :drunk:

·
Registered
76 Posts
That dude in front of you was stuck to his seat like he had super glue on his track jeans. looked like an intro/beginner type thing? Never heard of jeans and running lights etc

·
Registered
903 Posts
I know you didn't ask for my advice, but I'm still going to offer it to you as a matter of safety. Get the hell away from that "track group" as quickly as you can. It they don't have some rules on protective and riding with lights and brake lights, you are asking for more trouble than you will care to have. Pick out a known quality track organization and stick with someone that knows how to run a track day. This is probably the most amatuerish display of a make believe track day that I've ever seen.............Run Forest Run!

Reactions: AfroCBR

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Anyone goes down, with the medic, and cleanup....geeesh.
You're gonna be sitting for a while.

I would love to ride at night though.

·
Registered
615 Posts
looks like a shifter cart track, and looks like you slid cause of the giant gas puddle in the turn you did it in. look right before you slid, somebody must have dumped it there, and good lord, gas spills, tar snakes, headlights, taillights, underbody neon, jeans, heck you were rockin your mirrors too, find a new/ safer place man

btw, that supersingle/ motard, checked both your azzez lol
good vid though, you just need a better place to ride bud.

Reactions: AfroCBR

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
I'd go there. I wish we were fortunate to have something like this around my area that would allow sport bikes to have fun on too. for those that don't have the money to travel to larger tracks hundreds of miles away. In fact if we did, I'd probably be going there every day I could. Here is another video of the same course.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
looks like a shifter cart track, and looks like you slid cause of the giant gas puddle in the turn you did it in. look right before you slid, somebody must have dumped it there, and good lord, gas spills, tar snakes, headlights, taillights, underbody neon, jeans, heck you were rockin your mirrors too, find a new/ safer place man

btw, that supersingle/ motard, checked both your azzez lol
good vid though, you just need a better place to ride bud.
You are correct...it is a shifter cart track! That gas puddle is actually a rain puddle....it had just stopped raining approximately 20 mins prior...but yea...i didn't realize that before hand! Thanks!

You are right...lots of things going on at this "track day".....but what can I say...it's $40....compared to $200+.....:drunk:

But you are correct...perhaps I should find a safer place....

Anyone goes down, with the medic, and cleanup....geeesh.
You're gonna be sitting for a while.

I would love to ride at night though.
Very true...there was one medic on duty...not sure how long it would have taken if someone went down!

No gear / No bike prep is VERY questionable, not to mention dangerous.
Valid point....

^ What he said.

No rider coaches, lots of noobie slides from that R1, and good god at the road snakes.

For your own safety, PLEASE go somewhere else.
I talked to the R1 dude afterwards and it was his first track day....it was crazy not having control riders....i agree w/ the safety concerns....but damn....it was only $40 :drunk:........hard price to beat you know??

I know you didn't ask for my advice, but I'm still going to offer it to you as a matter of safety. Get the hell away from that "track group" as quickly as you can. It they don't have some rules on protective and riding with lights and brake lights, you are asking for more trouble than you will care to have. Pick out a known quality track organization and stick with someone that knows how to run a track day. This is probably the most amatuerish display of a make believe track day that I've ever seen.............Run Forest Run!
apparently there are going to start mandating people to wear gear....but you are correct...there is a lot of things that need changing...perahps the low cost is not worth the trouble.....:+1:

That dude in front of you was stuck to his seat like he had super glue on his track jeans. looked like an intro/beginner type thing? Never heard of jeans and running lights etc
my thoughts exactly! And yes....it was crazy to see this dude in jeans and seeing his brake lights every turn!

·
Registered
615 Posts
now if you had like some old school yamaha 50cc ysr's, now I could see where it could be fun :)

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Still safer than street, looks like fun!! Nice save dude
This! Don't take anyone's criticism harshly. Props for you trying to take your hard riding off the street! If this was the closest / cheapest place around, I might be right there in front of you. in full gear mind you.

Sent from my pants using Motorcycle.com app

1 - 20 of 26 Posts