Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking around 600rr and going back and forth on which to get.. i been on DDMTUNING website and the HID kit dropped to $70. now i cant decide if i want 4500 or 5000k. i seen a few 4300K and said its the best one to go with but 4300K is not an option thru DDM. i just like to see a few pictures of your RRs with 4500 and 5000k better if they are on RR .. what i want is a super bright white light (no yellow at all) with a very very very little hint of blue even light blue.. is fine. i want them pretty bright as i like to ride at night..

·
Registered
266 Posts
less then 4000k is yellowish...OEM use 4300k..this is the brightest white..4500k would be the next best..very minimal amount of blue...probably not even noticeable..the 5000k will have a bluish look to it and wont be as bright as the 4500k...5000k will look like those ppl who get the blue xenon lights..best bet is 4500k for the brightest light available..the higher up or down the kelvin scale will cut light output

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Well light output doesn't actually change much, not much at all. It's just how the 'eye' sees the light and the lights effect of the environment.

Being in the lighting industry, I sell more 5k lamps these days than any other lamp out! (but for commercial projects - hotels, offices, etc...)

5k is still white, but this will depend on the brand. Different brands use different manufacturers and efficiency ratings. These affects how the light appears.

Personally I also agree with my customers that 5k is the best you can get. Once you go above 5k though like you said the light has a blue tint. Shinning blue on object will make the object appear darker, thus getting the opposite affect than you want.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just got off the phone with ddm tuning... 4500K is OEM white w/ a hint of yellow. 5000K is a PURE white.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
5000k with the low beam during the day with sun shows an extremely small amount of yellow. if they made a 5500k that would be the one i want.

from what i heard imo FLUX. get 5k and up. light difference is not much since its only 500k and not 1000k difference. those with the 4300 and 4500 have complained bout the yellowish color. 5000k and up is the way to go

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
i just installed a ddm 55w 6000k and am extremely pleased. 90 bucks, two ballasts, blazing bright with very slight blue. 8000k looks blue blue, but 6000k IMO looks classiest amongst all color temps.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i had a 5000k kit on my 636 i felt it was a bit too blue, but then again it was my first hid, i want the MOST light possible so i'll prob go w/ the 4300 this next time around

·
Registered
345 Posts
go with 5000k its white with just a hint of blue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts