Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike came in today, my plan was to lower it right off the bat before I rode it, but I couldn't resist. I hopped on and rode a couple of feet, NEARLY dropped it (my leg still hurts from catching it).

It *is* possible, but highly impractical. There is no room for error on the streets, oil patches, sand, or uneven slopes when you're my height.

I'm definitely going to lower it an inch, and get a gel seat made.

As for the asscheek hang off, if I do that the farthest I can reach on the other side is the peg.

If I hang both my feet off each is off the ground maybe 2 inches? Not sure.

My buddy rode it and I hopped on bitch. The bike has soooo many ******* rev's its pretty incredible. I don't know that I can even use 12k + hahaha

I'm just glad its here. Its so damn beautiful.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sorry to hear. it is hard to learn how to ride if you aren't comfortable on the bike, but you picked the wrong bike for the vertically challenged. it sits higher than any bike i've ever been on. If you look at the RR in a row with other bikes, the seat towers above the others. I know people your height that ride the stick height on their RRs...both men and women, so it doesn't take super strength to keep it up. The only difference is that they didn't have to deal with learning to ride on it. when you get a little more experience, stopping and starting with one foot will not be a problem.

Good luck with the process.

·
Registered
812 Posts
F=ma,

Nice bike. Good Luck. Be careful out there. You picked a winner.

Lower both the front and rear and the handleing should be about the same.

When you lower both the front and rear, the thing you lose most is max lean angle. You should not hit that on the street soon so don't worry.

This link adjusts without removal: http://adjustmenttech.com/

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already ordered one from adjustmenttech over a week ago, but the guy says they're working on a new design now so they won't have any for a few weeks? I asked him to refund my money, but he hasn't gotten back to me about that for a few days... :roll:

Too bad cause I need one now.

There are several other choices, I'll go with one of those.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Wait and get the best. You are going to have the bike along time, hopefully. Install some sliders, gear up, and take MSF. Read "Sport Riding Techniques " by Nick Ienatsch and "A Twist of the Wrist 2" by Keith Code.

If you can't wait, try taking all of the preload out and reduce the tire pressure to 30/30. That should help for a week or two. Just don't go fast or too far.

PS: I read the other ones are back-ordered too.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BackStreet said:
Wait and get the best. You are going to have the bike along time, hopefully. Install some sliders, gear up, and take MSF. Read "Sport Riding Techniques " by Nick Ienatsch and "A Twist of the Wrist 2" by Keith Code.

If you can't wait, try taking all of the preload out and reduce the tire pressure to 30/30. That should help for a week or two. Just don't go fast or too far.

PS: I read the other ones are back-ordered too.
Already taken the MSF course, already ordered gear, I'm looking into sliders as we speak. ;)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
watch out for un-even ground. I was rolling backward out of a friends sloped driveway one day, and when I got to the end, the front and rear tire were a couple inches higher than normal. I went to put a foot down, and could not touch at all!!! Luckily I had enough momentum to keep rolling all the way onto the road--thought I was going to dump it. I am 5'7.

Just be aware of the places you are stopping on --take it easy and you will be fine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey congrats on the bike man, its a beauty!!!

Some tips:

When you shave the seat down flat, It's actually MORE comfortable. because the stock RR seat, two sides slope downward making only your ass crack sitting on the seat while either your foot, back, or arms are holding you up making you tired after a while. When you shave it flat your ass sits on more of the seat making it less strain for your back, or legs, or arms.

But the gel would help of course in comfortability.

I also recommend getting some high grip sole shoes. My friend bought me a pair of joe rocket phoenix shoes. They arent like hardcore protection like my Sidi race boots, but the joe rockets are great street shoes!

the sole has very high gripature, more than race boots, so you can grip the ground better when stopping or parking.

Goodluck.

·
Registered
429 Posts
F=ma, good luck man, you're going to have LOADS of fun!! Follow everyones advice, take it easy and WEAR YOUR GEAR!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts