Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode up to the MotoGP race at Laguna Seca from San Luis Obispo this last weekend and averaged 50mpg - thats awesome! Came back on Hwy 1 with hundreds of other bikes. Lots of crazy riders trying to be MotoGP racers. Saw lots of awesome bikes at the track. I was actively looking for one like mine (an 09 green and black) but never saw a one. Got lots of comments on my bike everyone thinks its a Ninja at first glance !!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yup, if you take it easy (Real easy) you can break 50 mpg. On my way home from college I was following my dad in a prius.. rarely broke 55. But hey, I got just about 50 mpg on an '03 that needs a valve tune up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I usually get 45 at best but this was a long easy ride so I guess that made the difference. My average speed was probably around 75.
The race was awesome - Casey Stoner rocks - those motogp bikes are scary fast and earsplitting loud !!

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
nice. i averaged 47.48 mpg going to laguna. but that was all freeway, staying between 75-85 mph. coming home, i averaged 41.10 mpg. mainly due to splitting at approx 30 mph from laguna all the way up to pretty much past gilroy (hella traffic there due to the garlic festival). overall though, i average about 45 mpg. not too shabby.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
I get about 38mpg...damnit you're lucky

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Stock I once got 54 mpg, but that was taking it easy and going up and down a mountain with freeway too.

On my current 07, I average 36 or so. PC-V, Intake, full Akra and gearing brought it down.definitely would smoke a stock RR though!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've hit 55 before on my 09, but thats taking it easy on a stock bike. Even with some spirited riding I tend to average about 45.

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
on my previous trip i just rode, point A to point B was a total of 151 miles, i fill up full tank on point A and in between there was a gas stop, but when i arrive their pumps was broken, so i was left to make a full run til point B ,where the next gas stop was, so all in all my full tank did around 150 miles to a tank.. and this was highway cruising with loaded sadle bags..

·
Registered
76 Posts
nice. i averaged 47.48 mpg going to laguna. but that was all freeway, staying between 75-85 mph. coming home, i averaged 41.10 mpg. mainly due to splitting at approx 30 mph from laguna all the way up to pretty much past gilroy (hella traffic there due to the garlic festival). overall though, i average about 45 mpg. not too shabby.

Secondary injectors kick in at 5000-5500 rpm. 6th gear @ 5000 = 55 mph, so I don't see how you guys are gettin 50 mi. per at 75 mph.

2011 Black
Her name is Lee
Mods:
Big Gun Evo Slip On
Motodynamics Smoked Sequential IT
Hot Bodies Smoked Flush Mounts
Hot Bodies FE
Seat Cowl
Vortex Rear Spools
Philips Motovision Headlight Bulbs
Pro Grip Gel Grips
Pro Grip Carbon Fiber Tank Pad
DIY Reservoir Cover
Rim Tape
Dunlop Q2’s
Rotella T6
Wix Oil Filter

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Secondary injectors kick in at 5000-5500 rpm. 6th gear @ 5000 = 55 mph, so I don't see how you guys are gettin 50 mi. per at 75 mph.

2011 Black
Her name is Lee
Mods:
Big Gun Evo Slip On
Motodynamics Smoked Sequential IT
Hot Bodies Smoked Flush Mounts
Hot Bodies FE
Seat Cowl
Vortex Rear Spools
Philips Motovision Headlight Bulbs
Pro Grip Gel Grips
Pro Grip Carbon Fiber Tank Pad
DIY Reservoir Cover
Rim Tape
Dunlop Q2’s
Rotella T6
Wix Oil Filter
My commute is downhill only, both to and from work.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts