Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

What should I get myself for my 25th birthday?

• 50" 1080p plasma

Votes: 51 79.7%
  • Akra hex slipon for my '05

Votes: 13 20.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what do I get for myself on my 25th birthday?

a 50" 1080p plasma or an Akra slipon for my '05 girlfriend?

yes, im one of those that buys gifts for myself and act surprised the next morning. like 'holy crap!!!???'

this poll sh!t better work. pretty please?

·
Registered
901 Posts
get an lcd they last longer than plasma .. i love my lcd ive had if for 2 years i say hd big screen over exhaust anyday its getting ready to be the off season for riding also consider that

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I would get a TV. Plasmas are overrated. Projectors are alright once you really step it up and get an awesome one.

LCDs that do 1080p are a good choice! might have enough left over anyways.

not to mention what type of 50" you are getting... spend $1k+ on a plasma or $500 on a slip on. not a tough one to answer ;)

·
Registered
7,431 Posts
Does the plasma go 160mph+?
Can you ride a wheelie with the plasma?
Can you dragg knee on the plasma?
Can the plasma do a smoke show?

·
Registered
1,397 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have always wanted a projector - but doesnt it whirl like a fan trying to keep that thing cool right over your head? I don't have that big a living room anyway...

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
buy the tv...all u get on a slip-on is sound...do u want that?..

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have worked in the consumer electronics industry for about 5 years and I thought I could help clarify a few things, Plasmas typically have a life expectency far over 10 years. Personally I dont see myself keeping a tv for more then 5 years with the way technoogy always changes anyway. Check out Panasonics plasma life expectency, It is far greater then what people would ever imagine, I would say lcds work better if you would be getting a lot of natural sun light on the screen, most lcd sets use a matte screen which doesnt glare as much as the glass on most plasmas. Projectors usually work best in dark rooms, Bulbs usually go out between 3,000-5,000 hours and from what Ive seen on better models they usually sell for around 300 bucks. For an everyday tv I would suggest plasma or lcd over a projector. Also another difference is that Lcd sets usually have a much brighter picture as plasmas tend to have a more color accurate (natural picture). Anyway, I agree, buy both. Then you wont have a tough time choosing.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts