9,996 Posts
Links removed. What was it?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle App

I

·
0 Posts
Links removed. What was it?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle App
I think the fairings were $51 instead of $514. They fixed the mistake though. I would have attempted to buy them at that price.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I actually read this thread last night moments after it was posted, and did actually pull the trigger before the link was fixed. So far I have gotten one email explaining the mistake, and then an additional one offering a discount off the regular price for the inconvenience.

I, of course, am going to pressure them as hard as I can to honor the deal. However, I have experience with this kind of thing, and know that it is easier said than done. They can choose not to accept my payment (I've paid but it is currently in a hold) and try to get a mutual cancellation. The only thing that happens to them if I don't agree is possible account termination. Ebay nor paypal can do anything to force them to ship the fairings to me, and a lawsuit would be irrelevant due to the cost of litigating someone in China.

So BASICALLY, I have to pressure them with threat of negative feedback and starting a claim, and hope that they will just send em at a loss in order to save their rep and the ebay store itself.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Like most sellers I'm sure they have the option to end the listing and refuse your payment. Also, there is no sense in making their life stressful when they apologized and offered you a discount when you took advantage of their honest mistake. Pressuring them to send you the fairings and threatening them by possibly ending their business when they have already earned 100% positive feedback is a total and royal **** head thing to do! Please don't, we need less people like that in this world.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's how business works.

A typo is an honest mistake, and I made honest use of ebay by purchasing an item at a good price. Business is business. There is a confirmation screen when listing an item's price to make sure things like this don't happen. The seller should have been more careful. I was simply a savvy consumer.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Will do. Still waiting for a response. Hopefully they will send me something soon.

·
Registered
113 Posts
After back and forth arguing, it became clear that the seller was willing to receive negative feedback and/or lose his account for the $450 dollars. So I let it go.

BUT - I do have a standing agreement with the seller for 10% off whenever desired for the inconvenience. So I suppose I did get something out of it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
:jerkit:everyone makes mistakes.... why would you go that far with it :jerkit:

if you put your bike on ebay and missed a zero and someone hit buy it now for $500 would you sell it to them for that? no...

All they have to do is explain the situation to Ebay and they will fix it, your negative feedback will just make you look like a jackass

·
Registered
113 Posts
I would never make a mistake on typing a number critically important to me, and then confirming that number a second time. Obviously the number the seller typed wasn't important enough to double check it. That's business.

If I did somehow make that mistake, I would ask for mercy but would realize it was completely my fault. If the buyer held firm, I would respectfully sell. Live and learn.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
If I did somehow make that mistake, I would ask for mercy but would realize it was completely my fault. If the buyer held firm, I would respectfully sell. Live and learn.
So you're going to take a $4500 dollar hit on an honest mistake when selling you're bike if that happened?

I smell a little bit of bull excrement. Not saying you are wrong in this situation, but be happy they gave you the discount option, and not have just said "Eff off".

·
Registered
113 Posts
I am happy that they gave me a discount option. I wasn't really expecting them to sell at that price, I was just hoping they would honor their mistake.

You just can't make mistakes on something that important. People will profit. It's their nature.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts