Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if this has been answered or not yet. I just got a driven sprocket chain kit 15/45 from motomummy for my 06 600RR. Can anyone tell me how many links i should take off if any at all? Thanks

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Best way is NOT to count the links. That's the #1 way to mess it up.

Install both new sprockets.
Placee the rear wheel where you want it
wrap the new chain around and then confirm where to cut and cut it down. (remember to leave room for chain slack).
Also remember you can always take more links out so if you're not sure error on the side of safety.

I also always put the rivet link through the chain to connect it then have someone hold it on there while i adjust the rear wheel. When i'm sure it's perfect and cut perfectly only THEN do i actually rivet it on.

I hope this helps and if you have any questions just post up, shoot us a pm, or give us a call/email.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok cool i am going to do it tomorrow, while im replacing my tires. Hey i also bought the speedodrd....is the speed sensor next to the tps?

·
Registered
455 Posts
i take and put my sprockets on there then push the rear tire all the way to the front bc when you cut it its gonna go back around a 1/2 a link and it will stretch a link or so with in the 1st few rides

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I put the rear wheel all the way to the front as well. Just always remember that you also need to have the oem recommended chain slack so don't move the front wheel all the way to the front then take off enough links so that the chain is as tight as you can get it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts