Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm picking up a 03 600RR and unfurtunately it's a little too high for my short legs(28" inseam).

Is anyone here around the same height as me with a small drop on their bike? I'm also gonna be shaving the seat a little. As long as I can balance the bike with the ball of my feet I should be golden. So is 1.5" front and rear drop with seat shaving enough for me to do this? I'm not really looking into dropping it more than 1.5"...

Thanks

·
Registered
336 Posts
Lowering the bike will not affect street riding. Go ahead and lower your bike. Whatever makes you comfortable. My bike is lowered and I ride better and lean lower than my friend who didn't lower his bike. We got our bike at the same time too, so our skill level is pretty even.

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
That was a big concern of mine when I first got my RR. Im 5'7 but I dont have any issues. I can get both balls of my feet down at a stop but I usually just put my shifter foot down and keep the other on the peg.

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Too_Funny said:
Lowering the bike will not affect street riding. Go ahead and lower your bike. Whatever makes you comfortable. My bike is lowered and I ride better and lean lower than my friend who didn't lower his bike. We got our bike at the same time too, so our skill level is pretty even.
This is very true... it will not hinder normal street or road riding... the only problem you will have is ground clearance for speed bumps or any other road related issues... go ahead lower the bike... you don't need to shave the seat because it will do you almost no good... they are thin as it is... 1.5 inch front and back should be perfect... shave the seat at the end if you really really need to but it will sacrifice the little comfort it already has... I lowered my girl's r6 and no problems on street riding whatsoever... this should be helpful...

·
Registered
83 Posts
My RR is my first bime and I also just lowered it. All I can say is GO FOR IT! The first ride after i lowered it was the best Ive had. i feel alot more comportable and have much more confidence. Dont hesitate. It you get to a point where you want to ride quite a bit more aggresive then just out the old link back on.

I bought the 1 or 3 inch drop link. Could not find a 1.5. I am 5"7 and dropped mine 1 inch. Its is closer to 1.5 I would say in actuallity. I think that would be enough, and it still gives you room if its not. The one inch also leaves decent ground clearance.

Again, unless you will be pushing it to the limits anytime soon, this will be one of the better purchases you will make for your bike. Note that you will need to either buy and adjustable kickstand or have yours chopped. With a 1 inch it stand almost strait up. You have to be real careful where you park it. Would not work at all i dont think if it was lower then that.

·
Registered
525 Posts
i'm 5'3" and lowered it in inch and it feels just fine. i actually took it out this morning did about 100 miles pretty hard to and it felt nice, also a little more confident at stops also with the setteling of the suspension it really helps out.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Lowering a bike lowers the Honda's already too low foot pegs. You can't lean as far I don't care who you are. It will change the geometry of the bike and that can't be a good thing. Anyways, it's your bike do what you want with it. Lowered bikes look like ass too.

I'm 5'7 and I stiffened my suspension which raised my bike a bit and I love it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
im 5'3 i didnt lower it...i shaved the seat a lil bit but it really didnt matter helped a lil bit...i didnt wanna lower it cause i wanted all the clearance i could get for cornerin purposes...i toe it pretty hard on both sides but doesnt bother me at all...if anything ill lean one one side to get better footing other than that i got confortable with the bike and dont haven any problem comin to stops , hills etc, backing up is a problem with people with short legs...i usually just spin it on its kickstand or just push it back...whatever it takes

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for all the reply, including the moped comment!haha It's gonna be lowered until I get a little more comfortable with the bike.

One more quick question. How hard is it to handle with a passenger? Or is that completely out of the question? The extra weight will make it harder to handle the bike but at the same time it will also lower slightly for better footing... Is there a merit to this theory or no?

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
Hello

1-I wish I was little bit taller,
I wish I was a baller,
I wish I had a girl who looked good
I would call her
I wish I had a rabbit in a hat with a bat
and a six four Impala

I wish I was like six-foot-nine
So I can get with Leoshi
Cause she don't know me but yo she's really fine
You know I see her all the time
Everywhere I go, and even in my dreams
I can scheme a way to make her mine
Cause I know she's livin phat
Her boyfriend's tall and he plays ball
So how am I gonna compete with that
'Cause when it comes to playing basketball
I'm always last to be picked
And in some cases never picked at all
So I just lean up on the wall
Or sit up in the bleachers with the rest of the girls
Who came to watch their men ball
Dag y'all! I never understood, black
Why the jocks get the fly girls
And me I get the hood rats
I tell 'em scat, skittle, scabobble
Got hit with a bottle
And I been in the hospital
For talkin' that mess
I confess it's a shame when you livin' in a city
That's the size of a box and nobody knows yo' name
Glad I came to my senses
Like quick-quick got sick-sick to my stomach
Overcommeth by the thoughts of me and her together
Right?
So when I asked her out she said I wasn't her type
(rpt 1, 1)

I wish I had a brand-new car
So far, I got this hatchback
And everywhere I go, yo I gets laughed at
And when I'm in my car I'm laid back
I got an 8-track and a spare tire in the backseat
But that's flat
And do you really wanna know what's really whack
See I can't even get a date
So, what do you think of that?
I heard that prom night is a bomb night
With the hood rats you can hold tight
But really tho' I 'm a figaro
When I'm in my car I can't even get a hello
Well so many people wanna cruise Crenshaw on Sunday
Well then I'ma have to get in my car and go
You know I take the 110 until the 105
Get off at Crenshaw tell my homies look alive
Cause it's hard to survive when your livin'
In a concrete jungle and
These girls just keep passin' me by
She looks fly, she looks fly
Makes me say my, my, my
(rpt 1, 1)

I wish I was a little bit taller...
I wish I was a baller...
I wish I was a little bit taller y'all
I wish I was a baller (3)

Hey, I wish I had my way
'Cause everyday would be a Friday
You could even speed on the highway
I would play ghetto games
Name my kids ghetto names
Little Mookie, big Al, Lorraine
Yo you know that's on the real
So if you're down on your luck
Then you should notice how I feel
Cause if you don't want me around
See I go simple, I go easy, I go greyhound
Hey, you , what's that sound?
Everybody look what's going down
Ahhhh, yes, ain't that fresh?
Everybody wants to get down like dat
(rpt 1, 1)

I wish, I wish, I wish...

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
The 90's were good times. On a serious note, every adjustment to a bike will be a sacrafice. It all depends on the type of riding you intend to do to justify dealing with the business end of that adjustment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am 5'4" (29 inseam) and I didn't lower mine. I came this close to lowering it but then went to a shoe repair place and added about 0.5 inch of soles to my riding boots (just regular combat boots) and it helped immensely! I could tip toe before that, but with the new boots i am almost flat footed... Makes a huge difference in confidence and also doesn't compromise the performance. The thicker soles aren't as big of a problem as i thought it'd be (between the shift lever and peg, etc). But, like many people here said, you can lower it if you just do street riding and are taking it easy.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Yea I wouldn't lower my bike, Its easier to get riding boots with thick soles and even add in an extra sole into the boot, and just be careful were you put your feet. i had a close call at a red light when i accidentily put my foot in some oil.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts