Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bout a bike and registered it 1/7/2010 and had to get a new license plate. I did not notice then, but the plate tag is June 2010. I only noticed it because I just got a notice from the DMV wanting $71 by 6/20/2010, when I just payed them $180 three months ago. Is there something that I am missing here? Is it six month registration for motorcycles? or is it possible that th DMV made an error? I thought if you register a bike on 1/7/2010 your registration should be good until 1/7/2011.. I know this is kinda off topic, sorry.

·
Registered
756 Posts
only thing i can think of is if you bought it used, the previous owner had it registered til june 2010 from june of 2009.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It cant be. I got the bike without the license plate. I bought a brand new plate and tags and paid 180 including fees on the bike In January of this year. I don't see how its possible to have to register your bike twice a year.. I wonder if its possible that they gave me a JUN instead of JAN . My registration shows that I payed fees for registration/new plate/ and tags on 1/7/2010 but shows valid from before I owned the bike.. I'm calling the DMV in th morning. This Sucks

·
Registered
255 Posts
Even if you had to buy new plates and tags, the bikes registration exp date will remain the same as it was when it was first registered in the state.

It sounds to me like the bike was currently registered. You paid for new plates and of course transfer fees + use tax. The registration is now expiring in June and they want you to register the bike for the upcoming year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts