Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, any of you ever riden the rr for more than 7 or 8 hours at a time? Yeah, I'm headed from iowa to western south dakota in about 3 weeks. I am dredding this, I just don't want to have the enging held at 7k for 8 hours you know, not to mention the rear tire is going to have a killer flat spot on it from this trip! :( I should have gotten a busa! they're made for this crap! But atleast the black hills has curves! and anti-fatigue tips are welcome!

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
Haha, buy a throttle, lock :bitchslap: Yeah, I think I'm gunna try to go out to Colorado from Minnesota some time this summer...but I think that my brother and I are gunna bring out a truck with our bikes, so one of us can ride, and one of us can drive the truck to give our arses a break...or maybe just load up both the bikes when ever we're too sore to ride. But good luck with the 600 mile, I highly suggest investing in a corbin seat, or what ever bands make those plush seats

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I've done a SF to Vegas run, 600 miles there and 700 back one day for each direction. It's not bad at all with proper preparation.

Throttle rocker is KEY. I didn't have one on the way down and my wrist is what hurt most afterwards. The $10 rocker made the ride back a breeze, actually considered tacking on the extra mileage to get the Iron but.

Hydration - get a camelback and drink constantly.

Start early - 600 miles is a 12 hour ride including the stops, especially if you not on the freeway.

Stretch as much as you can - on and off the bike. Off the bike at each stop. On the bike, move around a lot, stretch your legs, stand on your pegs, etc.

Ride conservatively - When you're that far away from home, the last thing you want to do is go down

1 - 3 of 3 Posts