Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my first bike ever, a 2005 that I bought wrecked specifically to rebuild, well in order to replace the fairings and put all the new parts I removed the frame sliders (this is all new to me) and didn’t realize they actually mounted into what is the motor mount (am I correct?), so for reasons I won’t bother with I’ve had the right side frame slider in, and had the left one out because I had to rework some stuff on that left fairing, I didn’t realize there should be a bolt holding the motor in place there now and last night upon reinstall of everything the engine is shifted from that hole about 1/8 inch. How would I go about moving it back into place

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
you're sure that all the spacers are there?

Check alignment of countersprocket with wheel sprocket....chain alignment is what is used to make sure all aligned,,
HTH?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey rrphantom13,

Ignore Tary, the guy is an idiot, he clearly didn't even read your post and just tries to up his post count by commenting on every thread.

For your issue, it's simple. Same thing happened to me when I installed my no cut sliders. My engine dropped bout 1/2". I put a 2x6 on my car jack under the oil pan and carefully jacked up the engine slowly and watched to when the bolt holes line back up. Then slam that baby back in once the holes line up. Should be pretty easy to do. PM me if you have anymore questions.

Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got my first bike ever, a 2005 that I bought wrecked specifically to rebuild, well in order to replace the fairings and put all the new parts I removed the frame sliders (this is all new to me) and didn’t realize they actually mounted into what is the motor mount (am I correct?), so for reasons I won’t bother with I’ve had the right side frame slider in, and had the left one out because I had to rework some stuff on that left fairing, I didn’t realize there should be a bolt holding the motor in place there now and last night upon reinstall of everything the engine is shifted from that hole about 1/8 inch. How would I go about moving it back into place

update, how I fixed this... loosen 2 motor mount bolts in the back and make sure both frame slider bolts are loose as well as two bolts that clamp the frame onto the two large hex (bolts? not sure what they are) near the rear shock and that gave enough play to fit the frame slider bolts back into place.

ps just to make sure there was no stripping I cleaned the m12 engine threads out with a tap.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys Ive got a 305cc engine that needs rebuilding (I stupidly ran it out of oil.)
A problem I've encountered is that most the gaskets are discontinued, and I don't feel like spending 500 on gaskets when I spent 300 on the bike.
I feel comfortable enough with the rubber/paper gaskets on the minor joints, but what about those sheet metal ones? Can I possibly get a sheet of malleable metal and just cut them out? Thanks

192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts