Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
riding my new 05 600rr home from the dealership i noticed it was running pretty hot,around 108-110,alot warmer than my 97 gixx.anybody know if this sounds right?was in stop and go traffic but didnt seem to cool down even when i got going

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mines not even 108-110 going down the road!!! at Myrtle Beach bike week traffic it was 220+ !!!!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Has anyone found something to bring th e temp down a bit. Im big into quads and Pr Design makes an inline cooler that you splice into your radiator hoses. It's a billet peice of aluminum thats finned and is supposed to reduce running temp's by 5-10 degrees. This is the only thing i've found that would possibly work for the RR.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Rocket450R said:
Has anyone found something to bring th e temp down a bit. Im big into quads and Pr Design makes an inline cooler that you splice into your radiator hoses. It's a billet peice of aluminum thats finned and is supposed to reduce running temp's by 5-10 degrees. This is the only thing i've found that would possibly work for the RR.
I've heard Redline Water Wetter works pretty good. I know it drops the temp. in cars anywhere from 10-30* F by just adding it to the coolant, but I don't know how it reacts in bikes.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Suicycle said:
I've heard Redline Water Wetter works pretty good. I know it drops the temp. in cars anywhere from 10-30* F by just adding it to the coolant, but I don't know how it reacts in bikes.

You do not mix watter wetter to coolant, and it does not drop temps.

Water wetter protects against hotspots in the cylinder head.

The coolest temps will be achieved by water alone.

There are fins (like CPU heatsinks)that you can put around the filter than work well, if you are in cali get catless headers, or you can also jet-coat or header wrap the headers.

Else as long as the fan hits at about 215 your bike is running at its happy temp.

·
0 Posts
I noticed riding around town the other day my bike was at 228. When do you usually shift? I shift between 6k-7k

·
Registered
492 Posts
asf said:
The coolest temps will be achieved by water alone.
this is true water is the best for taking heat away from metal parts. but only water freezes too easily and boils too easily.

my bike runs at about 190 degree F on the highways and streets in 110 degree weather. at stop lights it gets to 225 and the fan keeps it around that temp.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the highest i've seen mine is around 228F, but that was sitting at a light for a while in some good ole Texas heat!

usually i sit around 185-195 just cruising.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Highest mine ever reached was 229F on a hot day in stop and go traffic. Usually on a hot summer day here in Iowa (90s to low 100s) she runs around 190-200 moving and up to when the fan kicks on at stop lights.

I've never had her overheat on me either. Sure as heck boils your legs at the stops though!

·
Registered
341 Posts
My bike had been running around 175-179f in top gear at 65-70mph in ~90f degree weather. I changed my oil to amsoil and it now runs 173-175f in the same conditions.

The highest I've seen my bike was 229 (and it was only for a second).

A manual fan switch would be nice (secondary to the primary one, which i believe is the computer, but I could be wrong).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts