Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think sport rider gave the gixxer the nod, then another mag gave the 675 triumph the nod, What ever, Since it's really like splitting hairs. Sport rider said the cbr600rr does everything good but nothing great something along those lines.
I learned any modern day 600 will do the trick & unless you are at the very very top of your game it all boils down to the rider.
The 1st time a girl on a fzr 400 blazed by me up at pocono & women in the expert group were haulin butt on decommissioned zzr kawi's I realized you dont need the latest and greatest to keep up with the jones (if you can).
I like my 04 cbr600rr for the ways it "feels" to me. And feel blessed that I have a bike to ride.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
Yeah I am more than happy with my 05 RR which won in most magazines last year. The bike hasn't changed so it's still great. Every other bike has got better than their last year model. I was looking at a magazine at Cycle Gear and the R6 than won in MC magazine finished 5th or last with the RR beating it. I don't care which finishes first or last. I just like to read about bikes. If one bike was so superior to the others it would win every magazine hands down. If I was looking at bikes now and not thinking about a 07 RR I would look at the 675.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Yeah the new issue gave the CBR the lowest scores but Another magazine did the same exact test with like 6 random riders and the CBR came second only to the 675.

I don't go by what these mags say...it's all bullsh1t and political.... All of a sudden Nothing comes close to the R6??? get the fugk out of here! Besides that, their comparing these bikes and I think the RR is the only one with no new changes...Let them compare them next year when the RR is revamped.

I wouldn't trade this bike for any other mainstream 600 out there.

·
11,188 Posts
Yeah the mag I checked out at Cyclegear really disliked the torque on the new R6. I think they wrote a whole two pages about it.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I can't remember which mag it was, but it was the comparo that they said the triumph won, anyways in that article almost every rider put down faster lap times on the Honda and didn't even know it till they saw the times. I think that speaks volumes on how well the Honda rides. Anyone can hop on and be a better rider!

·
11,188 Posts
taj8250 said:
I can't remember which mag it was, but it was the comparo that they said the triumph won, anyways in that article almost every rider put down faster lap times on the Honda and didn't even know it till they saw the times. I think that speaks volumes on how well the Honda rides. Anyone can hop on and be a better rider!
I got that mag. It was motorcyclist.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
CBR/LS1 said:
I got that mag. It was motorcyclist.
+1 yeah thats what I was talking about....but now the same test in another magazine (minus the gix 750) the RR comes in last??? LOL It's all politics ....I cant stand it!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Gxsr 600 are like the civic hatchbacks of the bike world. Every stupid kid on the block has one. I think the Fad will play itself out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts