Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Sportrider magazine in the mail Monday, couldnt read it until today. The 600rr came in dead last. Oh well, cant win em' all. I still love our bikes.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Yeah man. It still looks the best of the 600's and I love the handling of it. I have nothing to compare it to but I still love my RR. I think what makes me love it is that most everybody else is Suzuki or Yamaha fans. And of course there is those few Kawasuckie fans.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
topdog in '05 but dead last in '06, man the sport is cutthroat i just hope the '07 600RR get top scores again, personally i don't give a damn how they rank the bikes, if it feels right & runs great that's what it all matters, there's always a perfect bike for everyone & i found mine in the 600RR. :01_thumbu

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
OveRReV said:
i don't give a damn how they rank the bikes, if it feels right & runs great that's what it all matters, there's always a perfect bike for everyone & i found mine in the 600RR. :01_thumbu
+10000000000000000000000000000
well put. i feel the same way!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
When's the last time you saw a brand new 600 model not finish on top nad near the top. Yes they are better every time a model isre-hashed but after placing the RR on top last year how can these magazines dis the RR like that? Well its business. Ad revenue in my opinion.

All I hear about the new R6 is that it is so focused for the track that it suffers on the road. I uno about you but I think most of the miles placed on motorcycles are real world road miles not track miles. Yet it seems to finish near the top in all of the 600 shootouts from the different magazines.

These bikes are so good that even last place is a close second seperated by a hair. Superbike didn't even bother making a list. They placed the Daytona on top then had a three way tie (H, S, Y) followed by the kawa.

I place more weight on the different qualities of the bikes they talk about in the aritcle rather than what place they came in at the end.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I read the whole article today and, really, it was filled with inconsistencies. They say in one paragraph how the R6 suffers greatly on the street compared to the other bikes in the comparo, but in the very next paragraph they rate the R6 number 1 on the street. What? The editors at Sport Rider just seemed very biased and their opinions definitely didn't jive with what most publications have said about the 2006 600 shootouts.

The margin in which the RR (last) lost to the GSXR600 (first) was absolutely tiny which shows how much it's really a matter of personal taste in the 600 sport bike category. If you didn't count subjective scoring categories like style, the RR would have finished near the top of the list. Oh well. I think I picked the best bike for me when I bought my RR almost a month ago.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
i think they picked the R6 best for the street is b'coz of it's weeny midrange, it's like having a 400cc engine below 9000rpm.

·
Banned
272 Posts
What you dont see, is that the bikes finished in order of which company paid the most.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
Stop readin BS mags like sportsrider and that trash.
Your $5 is better spent on a issue of RoadRacing WORLD!
by far, not even the european magazines TWO and SUPERBIKE are as fair and unbiased. The european magz will mosttimes tell you who thier fav os, while RW goes as far aas putting the same tire on all thier bikes for comparisons, and adjusting ride heights back to stock where possible.

By far the best US published bike magazine, bar none.

·
Registered
46 Posts
it's sad to see people get all butthurt over a magazine article.

if your bike is that good, then some writer's opinion shouldn't matter to you.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
phuck that mag! they just hatin on us cause our bikes are so hot, we only had to move the engine up for 06 and they dont keep up as it is... When your this sexy, people hate... i no if Victoria was in the house right now(my 06rr) she'd laugh, and make um cry this saturday, which is what imma do to the comp anyways!

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
at least in WSS the 600RR kicks their butts, straight 1-2-3 finishes for the Ten Kate 600RR racebikes. :dancing:

·
Registered
251 Posts
roguegeek said:
I read the whole article today and, really, it was filled with inconsistencies. They say in one paragraph how the R6 suffers greatly on the street compared to the other bikes in the comparo, but in the very next paragraph they rate the R6 number 1 on the street.
I got the magazine last week and I had the same impression. They seem totally confused and the comments on the bikes are completely random.
They shouldn't have added the Triumph in my opinion...it screwed up all the lap times.

·
Registered
888 Posts
That's it. I'm selling my 06. I just don't have any interest in riding it since reading the article.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts