Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of my mates got 1000 cc’s. I got a 600, full race bike. On longer tracks I can’t keep up, the 1000’s just too quick bit on short tracks, like Pembry, they got no chance. I’ll never forget 1st time I took the GSXR 1000, the double take he too as I flew past him around the corner. He did however catch up on straight but couldn’t pass. Believe me or not (& I know most won’t) but the R1 had no chance & my mate put his bike in his van after 2nd session lol. Bit on straights, roads or longer tracks I got no chance but have as much fun throwing bike around. 1000’s just that bit heavier. My GSXR 600 (full race bike) does 0-60 in 3.1 secs & my mate with slightly older GSXR 1000 does it in 2,9! Both been tuned & remapped & impossible to get away that quick in real life, & we got similar skill. So 1000 not always quicker & a 600 is way more fun checkin it about, knee down at 120mph. What a rush. Sayin that, we both been taken by a 250 a few times. I’d say stop watching clock & have a bit of fun. Even a 125 can be fun, trust me. Which ever way you go, enjoy yourself buddy & be careful. Your so lucky you got the choice. If your new to bikes, maybe start with 600 then move up after year or so. Have fun anyway guys.

·
Super Moderator
1,787 Posts
@Kingkev welcome to the group! This topic has been brought up many times and I personally thing it comes down to riders. Fast guys are fast, don't matter what you put them on. However, liter bikes these past few years have been gaining more power and losing more weight. Heck, I believe some of the new liter bikes weigh less than my '08 600RR...

Any pictures of your bike?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts