Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, as some of you may know, I listed my bike up for sale for a one week special price of $4000.

After a ton of texts/calls/emails, I decided to work with this guy, Dustin (600BonesRR). I sent him my personal infomation (name, numbers, address, a picture of my license) for verification.

I went out of my way to hold the bike for him for a few days while he got the money order set up, and also to hold the bike for him while he saved up for shipping. He showed serious interest in the bike, so I said why not. The bike was to be kept stored in my garage until he got the money for shipping, and I would send him a bill of sale and the title when I received payment.

Everything was set in stone, and he claimed that he sent the money order, but then "lost" the receipt with the tracking numbers on it. Red flag number one.

He said he'd go back to the store and request the tracking numbers and get back to me that night. Few hours later and still no response.

After texting him a few times, I finally got a response and he said he didn't get a chance to go get the tracking numbers. Hm...

Wednesday he said that the money order will arrive by Friday.

Friday came and went, and no payment. I texted him multiple times with no response. Emailed him, and nothing. Called, and no answer. I left a voicemail, but never got a call back.

The next morning I get an email saying this;

My parents have access to my bank account because I'm a part of theirs or something. They didn't want me sending the money unsafely so they cancelled it. They said that you can send me pictures and everything you want but that doesn't guarentee anything. I wasn't aware that it was cancelled till this morning.
I was never updated after he found this out.

I have serious doubts that he ever even sent the money order in the first place. Considering he is 19 years old, I should have expected such immature actions.

Oh well, the bike is back up for sale, but I assure you all that I will never do business with Dustin again.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Whore
4,993 Posts
You Should never try to do buisness involving amounts like that that cant be done face to face, your simply asking for trouble, and never except a money order for that much either, cashiers check/Bank check would be better. also how long has this guy been a member for

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may have been a bank check; I just call them all money orders, lol.

I've sold cars via forums before, so I'm used to the process.

It's all good if they actually send the money, but it's just the lying and leading on that pissed me off.

I make sure to give the buyer all my information, and verify it, so they feel comfortable doing the transaction. This opens up more potential, out of state, buyers.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
It could be an honest mistake. Its tough dealing with people not face to face with large amounts of cash. Also dealing with younger folk.

It doesnt sound like this deal will go through. If you throw your bike up on craigslist in NH and MA you will get a lot of bites. At the price you have it for Im temped to take her off your hands but I am saving up for a track bike.

Good luck with your sale man.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
bump for your sale

i had a cheap item for sale and i was going on a road trip yesterday so the guy tells me he wants the item i say ok but are you sure because i don't have much time and have to drive over to my storage to pick it up for him and can ship on my way driving out. He says ok and he will paypal when he gets off work. I go 20 minutes away and pick up his part in keep it in the car 2am i get a pm saying tried to send paypal but it wasnt working so i reply no prob since you sound serious i will keep it in the car and send as soon as you send..

a half a day passes he replies to me oh btw someone else offered me the same part for 20 less will you match it.. at this point i'm ticked off and just to get it done say yeah go ahead and he dissapears lmao or else in real life this is the type of person i would go to jail for just due to the way he played me..

in conclusion i go on the family trip and my wife is nagging me all day about why the f i have this part in the car taking up space that i could of put the baby stuff.. I'm just looking stupid.
p.s. pming him a copy of this address to read the aftermath

thanks for making me feel stupid and trusting people its not even the cost its the principal of it.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It could be an honest mistake. Its tough dealing with people not face to face with large amounts of cash. Also dealing with younger folk.

It doesnt sound like this deal will go through. If you throw your bike up on craigslist in NH and MA you will get a lot of bites. At the price you have it for Im temped to take her off your hands but I am saving up for a track bike.

Good luck with your sale man.
It could've been, but the fact that he told me the money order was out, and said he'd have a tracking number numerous times makes me think I was just getting strung along.

When I called him, and actually talked to him (in the beginning of the transaction), he couldn't make a sentence since I think I caught him off guard, lol.

bump for your sale

i had a cheap item for sale and i was going on a road trip yesterday so the guy tells me he wants the item i say ok but are you sure because i don't have much time and have to drive over to my storage to pick it up for him and can ship on my way driving out. He says ok and he will paypal when he gets off work. I go 20 minutes away and pick up his part in keep it in the car 2am i get a pm saying tried to send paypal but it wasnt working so i reply no prob since you sound serious i will keep it in the car and send as soon as you send..

a half a day passes he replies to me oh btw someone else offered me the same part for 20 less will you match it.. at this point i'm ticked off and just to get it done say yeah go ahead and he dissapears lmao or else in real life this is the type of person i would go to jail for just due to the way he played me..

in conclusion i go on the family trip and my wife is nagging me all day about why the f i have this part in the car taking up space that i could of put the baby stuff.. I'm just looking stupid.
p.s. pming him a copy of this address to read the aftermath

thanks for making me feel stupid and trusting people its not even the cost its the principal of it.
Yep, that stuff pisses me off.

Sorry you had to go through that man.

Karma is a real bitch!
:+1:............
:ciao:

·
Registered
434 Posts
First off I don't know Bones. I have a 21 year old dumbass son. He is working on his sixth car in two years. They get worse as it goes. If I was on my sons account I would definitely not let him buy anything without my approval. My point is that whether someone is 19, 21, or 30..... Maturity is not guaranteed.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thing is, he originally said everything was cool and good to go.

I asked if he lived with his parents when he told me his age, and he said yes, and that they were all good with him buying it.

The lies just kept getting thrown at me.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Thing is, he originally said everything was cool and good to go.

I asked if he lived with his parents when he told me his age, and he said yes, and that they were all good with him buying it.

The lies just kept getting thrown at me.
You know, i have had people tell me they were going to buy something from me, and continue to say this and lies kept flowing.... I never believe anything anyone says untill the cash is in hand nor would i hold on to it for anyone i didnt know personally. im selling stuff now and get the same things that happend to you... But to be honest, you dont see me bitching and whinin about it... Man the fuk up and move on.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You know, i have had people tell me they were going to buy something from me, and continue to say this and lies kept flowing.... I never believe anything anyone says untill the cash is in hand nor would i hold on to it for anyone i didnt know personally. im selling stuff now and get the same things that happend to you... But to be honest, you dont see me bitching and whinin about it... Man the fuk up and move on.
What the **** is up your ass, dude? The buyer/seller review section is here for a reason, so why don't you refrain from posting in my thread.

But yeah, it's perfectly cool that he was "definitely buying it" and I told other potential buyers that it was already sold because he said he sent the money. /sarcasm

I didn't want multiple people sending me money at once.

·
Administrator
51,150 Posts
The kid did not make the deal so what may be your lucky and should be thankful for that after all

I

·
0 Posts
Short Stack you must be a Jets fan... or a team that got their a$$ kicked this weekend.

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
First off I don't know Bones. I have a 21 year old dumbass son. He is working on his sixth car in two years. They get worse as it goes. If I was on my sons account I would definitely not let him buy anything without my approval. My point is that whether someone is 19, 21, or 30..... Maturity is not guaranteed.

I'm 23 been living on my own since I was 18. If my parents tried to tell me how to spend my money I'd just tell them to eff off. If they earn the money and save let them spend it how they want.

OP: Kid probably didn't have 4k anyways.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.