Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do you ride a 600? Do you see it as a stepping stone to a 1000?

I have owned 1000s and I just like 600rr better than any other bike. It is faster than I ever need it to be, and still surprises me if I haven't ridden in a while. Other than bragging rights, which I do not care about, I see no reason to pay more for gas, more for insurance, increase the likelihood of theft, and tempt myself even more to ride at dangerous speeds.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Torque etc, 400cc's go faster than you need, why do you have a 600cc? Neverending argument here...perhaps something different to all the 600vs1000 is if you share why you went DOWN to 600 FROM 1000 :)

For street i'd prefer 1000cc its easier using that powerband than revving a 600 on the way to work in the morning.
I guess what I am asking is why do you ride a 600 instead of a 1000?

I had a guy trying to lowball me on my 600 for sale and was like "I would never pay more than $4000 for a 600, it's a girls bike"

The ignorance amazed me so I am wondering why others choose to ride the 600 instead of a 1000. I didn't like that on the 1000 if I even rolled onto the throttle all the way in first it would lift up. If I hammered it in second it would come up too. Just a bit excessive for the riding I do. I usually ride my 250 anyway

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
Ive never owned a 1K, only 6's although i'm considering the new CBR1K as my possible next bike. I've heard from many incl br above having a 1K is a bit better for "street" / "commuting" as he mentioned more low end torque (not as high in the rpm range vs a six) that being said im also highly considering staying in the 600 class with either the next Gen RR ? or stepping it up a notch w the 675R. So to answer your question why a six now and not a 1k - i wanted some exp / years and seat time with a six plus 1K is more $ , more insurance etc.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
600 is plenty for me and with -1 +2 gearing no need to rev the piss it gets up and goes...
haha this is true but in sixth gear doing approx 120km/hr at just under 8000rpm's it's "slighty" higher im guessing than a 1K lol

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Why do I ride a 600?

I like the agility in the 600. I like what it teaches me about corner speed. I like how it lets me get on the throttle sooner, brake later, corner faster.

When getting off the 1000 and hopping on the 600, it's like flicking around a toy! So much fun!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Why do I ride a 600?

I like the agility in the 600. I like what it teaches me about corner speed. I like how it lets me get on the throttle sooner, brake later, corner faster.

When getting off the 1000 and hopping on the 600, it's like flicking around a toy! So much fun!

the newer 1K,s on the street feel damn near as flickable. ive owned a plethora of bikes. the 08 up cbr 1K feels as light under my ass at the 600F4i i have. my RSV1000r weighs more but with the torque of the V twin, i have no issues flipping it from side to side using the throttle to stand the bike upright when needed.

this is more of a personal preference question IMO. asking it on a 600cc board will get you a different answer then if you asked it on the 1000rr.net board.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I will probably never need a bike faster then a 600 - this is plenty of fun but i would appreciate a little more low end torque for street riding.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah but I bet on the 1000 board the answers would not be nearly as useful. They would say things like "I need the extra torque" or "I don't wear a dress"

600s have more than enough torque and I hate people who think the 1000 is the only bike to have once you're experienced. Idiots.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Given an opportunity to switch to a 1k, I would. 600 is great for what it is, but there is no replacement for displacement as they say.

And many of the newer liter bikes now are excellent both for the street and track (zx10r, bmw, honda 1k, etc)

·
Registered
673 Posts
It's stupid to say you need a 1000 for the street. A 600 is plenty of power for the street. Ever notice how much quicker you get off the line or accelerate than other vehicles? The reason most of us buy the 600cc sport bikes, I think, is because there isn't really another sporty option out there. You can get 400's but they're a different type of bike really, unless you look at older bikes. These bikes were really meant to be on the track, whether you look at a supersport or superbike.

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Yeah but I bet on the 1000 board the answers would not be nearly as useful. They would say things like "I need the extra torque" or "I don't wear a dress"

600s have more than enough torque and I hate people who think the 1000 is the only bike to have once you're experienced. Idiots.

how many bikes have you owned? and how many have you rode?

bootsie.. its not stupid. its your opinion that a 600cc is perfect for the street.

i prefer a 1k for the street. i find they fit me better and are my preferred sport bike. i have been thinking of getting an 848 to get a mix between the 2. for the track hands down a 600 is perfect for me.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
the newer 1K,s on the street feel damn near as flickable. ive owned a plethora of bikes. the 08 up cbr 1K feels as light under my ass at the 600F4i i have. my RSV1000r weighs more but with the torque of the V twin, i have no issues flipping it from side to side using the throttle to stand the bike upright when needed.

this is more of a personal preference question IMO. asking it on a 600cc board will get you a different answer then if you asked it on the 1000rr.net board.
It is very flick-able, the only real difference is at speed, because of the rotating mass.

Come into T3 at JGP or T1 at HMS on a 1000 and you feel that difference! That rotating mass is VERY tough to "flick" into a corner that that velocity.

But you'd get the same answer from me over there too ;) lol

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It's stupid to assume your opinion has anything to do with anybody else.
slow down X. he was asked his opinion by the OP. everybody gets an opportunity to speak, including you X.

i agree it has no merit to advise a 1k for anything really, other than an ego/experience thing. someday i will want the 1k and probably ride it but for now the 600 makes me stupid way too many times so im sticking to it for street.

·
Not really asian
677 Posts
It was a stepping stone for me. The curiosity of how hondas 1000rr would be as my commuter just got too much and I had to get one. 600rr was definately enough and I wish I could have kept both.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
It was a stepping stone for me. The curiosity of how hondas 1000rr would be as my commuter just got too much and I had to get one. 600rr was definately enough and I wish I could have kept both.

jeez those watermellons in your sig are impressive

1 - 20 of 50 Posts